Thread: Geo Comfort by Enertech- Good,Bad or Ugly

Post Likes

Geo Comfort by Enertech- Good,Bad or Ugly

I would like some input please.

I have been approached by Enertech to become a Geo Comfort dealer. Have been a geo guy for 20+ years and have worked on several different brands. Never seen one of these in the feild.

So, what do you know about Enertech, thier product or service?
    Thanks for your input
    The first man gets the pearl, All the second gets is the shell

Post Likes
    Posted this late last night so it may have been missed.
    Any input?

Post Likes
    Service is great, I only buy misc parts from them and storage tanks, I have never put in one of their systems. With you being in Indiana have you talked to WaterFurnace, they are in Fort Wayne. I do install WaterFurnace and like their service and products as they have some unique configurations like the Synergy 3D. I think Geocomfort has a 4 position geo unit if I remember correctly, it was their niche in the market.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    We have been with Enertech for eleven years now. First they were a Climate Master rep but switched to Water Furnace and had them manufacture a GeoComfort brand for them. Enertech was not satisfied with the quality control response from WFI so they purchased Hydron Module. They now have total control over their destiny and are doing a very good job.

Their Compass line was a design partnership between the engineers and a panel of their contractors. As a result, installing and servicing this unit is a breeze! You no longer have to order upflow, downflow, right hand return or left hand return. One box does it all!

As far as service... We have no complaints about them at all! We have had very few problems with their units and get quick results when we do.

Bergy

Post Likes
    We have been extremely happy with their products and support. We were with them back when they rebadged the Waterfurnace products and the quality is waaaayyy higher since they started making their own equipment. They also make the Hydron module and Tetco brands. Their combo unit blows away the synergy by WF IMO.

Tech support is great, very knowledgeable and easy to get. Never have to wait for them to call back.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    We have been extremely happy with their products and support. We were with them back when they rebadged the Waterfurnace products and the quality is waaaayyy higher since they started making their own equipment. They also make the Hydron module and Tetco brands. Their combo unit blows away the synergy by WF IMO.

Tech support is great, very knowledgeable and easy to get. Never have to wait for them to call back.
    I didn't know they made a combo unit like the synergy 3D, how is it better? I am curious as we have some synergy applications coming up.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    I was going by the previous Synergy unit, don't know much about the 3D. I didn't like the internal pump for the hydronic load circuit, its almost impossible to replace. Also it wasn't available in 2 stage. And no desuperheater.

With the Geocomfort combo unit, you mount the pump external. Also has 2 stage and desuperheater. Several options for staging and priority for the hydronic side.

A lot of our installs now consist of water to water units for heating and chilling water and variable speed fan coils.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Service is great, I only buy misc parts from them and storage tanks, I have never put in one of their systems. With you being in Indiana have you talked to WaterFurnace, they are in Fort Wayne. I do install WaterFurnace and like their service and products as they have some unique configurations like the Synergy 3D. I think Geocomfort has a 4 position geo unit if I remember correctly, it was their niche in the market.
    We are currently a WFI Geopro dealer (have been for 10 years). Started installing WFI in the early 90's when I was just a helper. I remember when they seemed to care! They seem to be getting so freakin corperate that they forgot what made them a great company. ( I got charged a 10% restock fee for something they had in stock when a customer cancelled)

I am just "looking around" to see if I want to stay where I am.

Post Likes
    This is an old thread so likely nobody will see this but I am a new owner of Geocomfort/Enertech and my system is under 10 years old. With that said we are now running on emergency electric heat and have been for 2 weeks as we are arguing with Enertech to replace the unit. We have a combo unit that does the radiant floor heat and forced air cooling. The latest compressor that failed 2 weeks ago was just replaced in mid November 2020 and failed as a result of an oil return line. Have any of you dealers seen similar types of performance from your experience. For what it is worth Enertech offered me $750 off the $10,000 dealer cost to replace this unit. Thoughts?