Thread: Veto Pro Pac Decision

Post Likes

Veto Pro Pac Decision

So I see a lot of you guys on here are pretty fond of the veto pro pacs. I'm not sure on whether I want the open style or the closable style. I'm also unsure on whether I really need the xl or if I could get away with the lc, I'm just a pm/service tech and don't require a ton of tools. I've never seen the actual size of the bags and don't want anything too big nor too small. Let me know your input and opinions about these bags.

Post Likes
    The Veto Pro Pak was designed for woodworkers, with lots of small tools, screwdrivers, chisels, pencils, scribes, etc.

I found the pockets too small and numerous for me and have moved on to a tool backpack.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Do you like the tool backpack, it seems like it would be great for rooftops that have a good walk to get to the unit, but the ones I've seen you have to sprawl all the tools out. It seems like it would be a hassle but I could be wrong, it might be worth it for the ease of carrying ability

Post Likes
    If you're going to be doing mostly service and PMs out of it I'd go with the LC. I waffled on the price for a bit, but once I put my hands on one at Comfortech last year I decided to bite the bullet. The closed top is handy when the bag falls over in the back of the van. I've had my LC for a while and I don't think I'll go back to the CLC or Husky bags that I used to carry.

Post Likes
    Does the closed top limit the tool capacity a good bit? Or does it have ample amount of space the the top doesn't really affect it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tkirkpatrick View Post
    Does the closed top limit the tool capacity a good bit? Or does it have ample amount of space the the top doesn't really affect it.
    I don't feel hampered by the closed top on my LC

I like the way it forces me to keep my tools in their place.

I carry every tool I need in my Veto except for my Digi-cools.

Post Likes
    The ProPac is very "stiff" when it zips up and there is plenty of room in there. The closed top increases the tool capacity. I've had my Veto LC since Christmas 2010 and I really like it a lot. Prior to this I had a CLC backpack. I also liked the CLC, but the zipper on the front pocket broke (it was only about 5 months old). Most of my coworkers use ToolPak backpacks, but they all say the zippers tear out about once a year.

I find the Veto LC perfect for all my hand tools for service work. I keep plenty of nutdrivers, screwdrivers, wrenches, a voltmeter, and a plastic organizer for wirenuts and little pieces, and many other tools. The CLC Backpack was capable of carrying more tools, but it was very heavy fully loaded, and I think that led to its premature failure. The backpack was easy going up ladders, but the Veto is easy to carry also with a really nice shoulder strap.

Biggest benefit of the Veto: It stands up straight and doesn't "roll over" like the backpack. Working in the rain the other day, I also enjoyed not worrying about my tools getting wet. The base is thick and the tools don't get wet. With the Veto I can open both sides and all of my tools are right there, so easy to grab and so efficient. With the backpack, you unzip a section and fold out the bag, which requires laying the backpack on its back. To access another section of the backpack you must close the first section and fold it out to the next section. The Veto is much superior in its usability, and it is so heavy duty as compared to the CLC backpack.

Post Likes
    My LC is still sittin in the New Orleans police property room, I really miss her. The XL is a bit larger and allows me to stuff my impact and some other goodies inside. These bags are tuff as nails, great work tool.

I saw they are now for sale at Johnson Supply here in Houston.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    ive been using the OTLC & love it ... any larger bag would weigh too much with my basic of repair tools that i keep in it .. this seems a little heavier then my last bag but i keep all the same tools minus a few things so im thinking the bag bulk has a slight bit of weight . . . . luckily a place that stocks these bags is 5 minutes from my house so i was able to actually see them in person ....

Post Likes
    im thinking of picking up the ot lc. im used to open top, i like to grab and go i do restaurant maintenance work (cooking equip/hvac/refrig and general stuff) so i have alot of crap i use on a regular basis

Post Likes
    Thanks guys I appreciate the input, I think I'm gonna go with the closed top lc, sounds like the right size and don't have to worry about tools falling out or getting wet. Thanks a ton guys

Post Likes
    just got a new job and with more pay its time to upgrade some stuff, changed my mind think imma go with the LC for $130 and really thinking of getting the fieldpiece hs36, always used fluke but have used fieldpiece at my last job and have no issue with them (the sc77 and the new smaller clamp meter)