Thread: Leak Detector

Post Likes

Leak Detector

I need to buy a new leak detector. I searched this website and the H10x was often recommended. However, I don't know if this is the same leak detector:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yokogawa-H10X-PR...#ht_500wt_1156

I found the above one on ebay and it's new. 42 detectors have already been sold by the above listing. What is your opinion about it? I need something that works well and lasts long.

Thank you

Post Likes

h10

My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Post Likes
    Something very fishy. Getting a high end new leak detector for $85.

Post Likes
    I agree with you BaldLonie. This seems to good to be true. Has anyone tried the leak detector I mentioned? I don't want to be cheated into something.

BobHubbard, I thought that was the H-10 leak detector. My issue with buying a used one is that they only last so long. I can't trust everyone to be honest about the age of the item they are selling, and I don't want to pay a lot (budget concerns).
    Last edited by jjrr007; 04-24-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Likes

hey 007

Quote Originally Posted by jjrr007 View Post
    I agree with you BaldLonie. This seems to good to be true. Has anyone tried the leak detector I mentioned? I don't want to be cheated into something.

BobHubbard, I thought that was the H-10 leak detector. My issue with buying a used one is that they only last so long. I can't trust everyone to be honest about the age of the item they are selling, and I don't want to pay a lot (budget concerns).
    I've been dealing with ebay for years and i'll say they always stand behind their buyers 100%....i personally have never had a problem.....as far as the price of the detector goes , a lot of the stuff they sell is perfectly good & usually discontinued items but still in new condition.....i just bought a Sperry small amprobe for smaller jobs , arrived in perfect shape in original packaging & works fine......check the rep of the seller , i wouldn't be afraid to deal with Ebay........Jack
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

Post Likes
    me ans my HVAC buddies buy alot from ebay including leak detectors...never had a problem yet.......yet

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrr007 View Post
    I need to buy a new leak detector. I searched this website and the H10x was often recommended. However, I don't know if this is the same leak detector:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yokogawa-H10X-PR...#ht_500wt_1156

I found the above one on ebay and it's new. 42 detectors have already been sold by the above listing. What is your opinion about it? I need something that works well and lasts long.

Thank you
    I have tried this leak detector. They don't work worth a damn (IMO), no matter what the price. Stick with the H10PM. It will not let you down. Just my
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better"

Post Likes
    Thanks "TheFreezerGuy" . I can't afford the leak detector you recommended right now. Does the Tek-Mate work well? It is nice that you tried the same leak detector.