Thread: Certifications

Post Likes

Certifications

In applying for pro membership I noticed there is nothing spelled out as to what the committee is looking for as far as certifications. Are there a set of minimum requirements for pro membership other than 15 posts?

More questions:

Do you need a copy of the epa card? My cameraphone is not cooperating with the shininess of the card. Will the numbers be ok or do you just need my name and it can be looked up?

i have my certificates for electrical apprenticeship completion and my electrical journeymans license. Are they applicable to the application?

I don't know why but our college doesn't give student id's for apprenticeship members. The only real written proof we get that we went is a certificate of completion at the end of the year. I could fax the course syllabus as that's the only paperwork we get at the beginning of the year.

I'm really looking to get into the educational forums so whatever help moves this process along is greatly appreciated.

Also what is the average timeframe to hear a yay or nay on acceptance?

Post Likes
    I should add that the classes are at night while I work during the days. The daytime apprenticeship get student id's so they can have access to the cafeteria. Night time, no free lunch. The whole program is run through the community college and we do get credit hours but I couldn't tell you if we have a printable schedule or whatnot.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Ok, just a few questions remain then.

1) Are there a set of minimum requirements for pro membership other than 15 posts?

2) What are some examples of qualifications for professional membership.
    2.5)What are some common things that are not qualifications that are seen on applications?

3) What is the average timeframe to hear a yay or nay on acceptance?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wanttosee View Post
    Ok, just a few questions remain then.

1) Are there a set of minimum requirements for pro membership other than 15 posts?
    That is the requirement before applying
    2) What are some examples of qualifications for professional membership.
    EPA card, state license, business card, etc
    2.5)What are some common things that are not qualifications that are seen on applications?
    Beats me, I'm just a mod

3) What is the average timeframe to hear a yay or nay on acceptance?
    Depends how busy the Membership Committee is and how long it takes to check out your qualifications.

For more info, e-mail the Membership Committee.

Post Likes
    Sweet, thanks.