Thread: JCI Metasys DIY training?

Post Likes

JCI Metasys DIY training?

Hey all you control freaks!

I learned to program Invensys/WPT and Tridium Niagara R2 and AX from the last place I worked. Great help from other Techs, etc.
    I now work for a school district that has a lot of old JCI Metasys in many buildings.

I have the MTools and put myself through the CBT course. Alot like WPT as far as setup of a new project.
    However, is there any more computer based training on Metasys and DX9100 that I could do self paced?

I can get through the Metasys stuff on UNT controllers and can do overrides, schedule changes etc., but would like to learn more without having the district fly me out somewhere for training. I'm not suppose to get into DX9100's without training and I hear that is only through a JCI course.(School budgets are extremely tight now as you can imagine.).

I have found that the Help menu in Metasys is actually very good when toolin' around in a UNT controller, but haven't been into a DX9100 yet. Would this be the way to go, or would the actual course for a Tech offered by JCI be better? Or how about taking a course from a local contractor who supports JCI Metasys?

Thanks,

Brian

Post Likes
    Download the PDFs on DX's from http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/ The training from JCI is very good because the DX is an exotic controller compared to a unt.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Post Likes
    I love the DX9100. Figuring out the ladder logic was fairly simple. The really exciting part was learning the modules. Was having a really difficult time until I went thru the engineering class. I still have the class book. PM me.

Post Likes
    I am interested as well, pm sent

Post Likes
    Ditto.

Had to decipher and rework a few 9100s this summer. Got 'er' done, banged the head against the wall plenty in the process.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Ditto.

Had to decipher and rework a few 9100s this summer. Got 'er' done, banged the head against the wall plenty in the process.

Reverse engineering them can be fun especially if you don't have the tag names. Would be interested in seeing the class book as well.

Thanks

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Ditto

Post Likes
    DX9100 Engineering Topic 1.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    I love the DX9100. Figuring out the ladder logic was fairly simple. The really exciting part was learning the modules. Was having a really difficult time until I went thru the engineering class. I still have the class book. PM me.

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I work on DX9100's and DC9100 on a daily basis, and love them. Would love to see what tips and tricks are in engineering book.
    Please send copy my way, if you don't mind.
    Thanks.
    Knowledge is money - Ignorance is expensive!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in