+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GTI model 6000GDV

Post Likes

GTI model 6000GDV

I have a GTI model 6000GDV fireplace where the pilot light goes out intermittently. How can I keep the pilot light from going out, or do I need to have a service person fix it?

Post Likes
    Might need a cleaning, new part, or loose connection fixed. A tech should be able to figure out the problem without much trouble.

Post Likes
    Spend the few bucks and have a tech look at it! It could be anything from a venting problem to a bad valve or a spider has moved in! You could take everything apart and clean it, but then it all has to go back correctly or you could get sooting, a gas leak or ??? and you won't know what to look for! PS-Call a fireplace tech not a HAVC guy that will just throw parts at it and cost you a bunch of money!

Post Likes

Smile

A unit that old needs professional service even if it is working fine.

Post Likes
    I also have a GTI Model 6000 GDV propane fireplace. After igniting pilot light and let it run for awhile, the control knob to put it on (counter clockwise) does not want to turn to the on position. This happens even if I leave pilot on for 20 minutes before trying. After many attempts, the knob finally turns to the on position. After turning to on position the fireplace works when hitting on/off switch. Now after running fine for about 25-30 minutes the flames go off and the pilot light stays on. After turning off/on switch off and waiting 15 minutes, the on/off switch will turn flames on again.

So after the above happened several times - the flames and pilot light will both stop after 25-30 minutes - but again after 15 minutes off, pilot light will ignite and and flames will come on with on/off switch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in