Thread: VisoinPro IAQ Compatible w/ Aprilaire Humidstat #58?

Post Likes

VisoinPro IAQ Compatible w/ Aprilaire Humidstat #58?

I am adding an Aprilaire 700 Automatic humidifier to my HVAC system and have a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat.

The Aprilaire model 58 digital automatic humidistat has two terminals labeled "A" and "B" that can be connected to an Aprilaire 8570 thermostat to monitor (and maybe control) the humidifier and display the humidity settings.

Are the A and B terminals proprietary and only work with the Aprilaire 8570?

Or will they work with my VP IAQ?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

John

Post Likes
    Just with the Aprilaire.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    That iaq stat can control the humidifier all by itself, no need for a separate humidistat.

Post Likes
    I just set up the Vision Pro 9000 IAQ with the Honeywell EIM and a Honeywell TrueSteam in my home.

The connections on the EIM are just a set of contacts(no power).

SG

Note: With the VP9000 you can set up internally the option to run the fan with the humidifier or have the humidifier run independently.

In my case I set it to run independently. The Truesteam is wired to bring on the fan when it needs it.

Post Likes

Thanks

Thank you all.

I really appreciate your answers.

John

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    That iaq stat can control the humidifier all by itself, no need for a separate humidistat.
    Hey Chuckcrj - You have inspired me.

Will that configuration run the blower and humidifier independent of the furnace heating? (yes - I am supplying hot water to the humidifier)

Assuming it does - I would like to set mine up as you described with the HW IAQ controlling the humidifier (ie no separate Aprilaire humidstat).

If I understand correctly, I will not need the Aprilaire Model 58 automatic humidistat, Aprilaire outside temp sensor, or the 25 vac transformer that powers it. Additionaly, the humidifer will be controlled by directly connecting the brown wires from the Aprilaire 700 humidifer to the "HUM" terminals of the HW EIM. Is that correct? Or do i need to energize the brown wires using a 24 vac transformer since the EIM terminals or contacts only?

Do I also need to use the Honeywell outside temperature sensor since I won't be using the one that goes with the Aprilaire humidistat?

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

John
    Last edited by jcspohr; 12-02-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Post Likes

I Figured It Out

Update - I figured out the answers to my prior questions.

New scenario - since the HW IAQ thermostat will be controlling the humidifier, I lose the On, Filter Change, and Service indicator LEDs on the Aprilaire humidistat.

The HW IAQ can provide the filter change reminder but can't display that the humidifier is on or indicate that there is a problem with it.

Does it really matter?

I think not, but always welcome and respect your opinions.

Regards,

John

Post Likes
    Unless your looking at the stat every few minutes. Doesn't matter if it tells you the humidifier is on or not.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    The only thing the humidistat tells you is if there is an error with the odt.

Post Likes

Thank You

Thanks for the replies. You confirmed my beliefs.

Have a great day!

John

ps - And I really don't think it matters to monitor the air duct humidity since the HW IAQ is doing that in the actual living space.