+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Siemens to Andover Continuum Integration

Post Likes

Siemens to Andover Continuum Integration

Does anyone have any experience migrating Siemens Apogee to Schneider Electric's Andover Continuum via BACnet? The current Siemens system has MBC's, SCU's, FLN's, etc and we are looking into using a Siemens PXC to serve up BACnet to a Continuum front-end. Wondering how seamless the integration is?

Post Likes
    ....the sound of Siemens' and Schnieder's OPEN-ness

... eerie silence ...
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    Rather than putting Siemens and Schneider in a jar to watch them fight it out like spider and scorpion ... ... Use a JACE and infocon's Siemens driver. at least then you have complete control over the interface.

Here, Siemens will NOT make any info or tools available and Schnieder will NOT make any info or tools available. What controls integrator EVER wants that legacy??

We actually have seen this on one site:
    CSI MR -> TAC Xenta -> TAC Continuum -> Alerton -> Alerton Optergy.
    ( I AM NOT kidding!)

...pretty funny when they called us in to 'fix' the problem with a rogue VAV calling the chillers on.... I called it Frankenstein's monster and I told them to put TAC and Alerton in a jar and let em fight it out.

...yet another 'OPEN' solution gone wrong.

We 'controls' people are the stupidest, ill-behaved, lairs in the whole hvac industry.

...tridium (maybe Loytec too) cuts out the service arm of the bigboys...no problems from then on.

...I wonder just how many customers, consulting engineers and building owners read all these posts we make???
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in