Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fieldpiece??

Post Likes

fieldpiece??

My fieldpiece crapped out fast with me protecting it from unit to truck and protecting it all the way!! Never had an issue with a small amount of moisture with my fluke. Is there not a way to protect the fieldpiece from moisture? Not talking of leaving it out in the rain but it only took a really really small amount of moisture!! Its a great meter (SC66) but i get rained on from time to time and cant afford a new meter everytime it rains. Any recomendations other than dont get it wet. It is called fieldpiece, hence the word "FIELD"

Post Likes
    Call them, they have great customer service, and bet they will help you out.

Post Likes
    I have had only minor problems and the service is great.

Post Likes
    They've always done right for me.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    Get the HS 26 original stick meter, about $110.00. It is waterproof. It comes with a clamp attachment for Amp draws. You could send a private message to Russell Harju, He is the product manager at fieldpiece and he is on this forum.
    Last edited by Paul Bee; 08-14-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Post Likes
    Have used Fieldpiece meters for over 15 years, no problems, good customer service
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    i use the sc77, have had it for 13 months now, no problems with water or anything else, ive never left it in the rain, but have gotton water on it many times.

Post Likes
    talked to fieldpiece warrenty dept. on friday and they will give the supply house a code to swap it out for a new one. no questions asked. They also said they are working on coating the boards and waterproofing the case.

Post Likes
    Buy the Fluke 28 II. Its water proof!

Good luck with them helping you out. How old is the meter?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bee View Post
    Get the HS 26 original stick meter, about $110.00. It is waterproof. It comes with a clamp attachment for Amp draws. You could send a private message to Russell Harju, He is the product manager at fieldpiece and he is on this forum.
    Just to make sure people don't go and try and measure the volts at the bottom of their pool. Fieldpiece meters are not totally water proof, but water resistant. Some rain should be no problem but a toss into lake Michigan may have a different result. Just want to be honest on here. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snooked321 View Post
    My fieldpiece crapped out fast with me protecting it from unit to truck and protecting it all the way!! Never had an issue with a small amount of moisture with my fluke. Is there not a way to protect the fieldpiece from moisture? Not talking of leaving it out in the rain but it only took a really really small amount of moisture!! Its a great meter (SC66) but i get rained on from time to time and cant afford a new meter everytime it rains. Any recomendations other than dont get it wet. It is called fieldpiece, hence the word "FIELD"
    And yes you can call me at Fieldpiece and I will help you out. 714 634 1844.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Buy the Fluke 28 II. Its water proof!

Good luck with them helping you out. How old is the meter?
    it maybe waterproof, but it shure as hell doesnt work.......
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    Can someone simplify the difference between
    field piece SSX34 and asx14

Much appreciated do they both work on txv or only set orrifice

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post

Simply the ASX14 is an accessory that attaches to a meter (such as the HS36) that displays what the ASX14 is reading.

The SS34 is a standalone unit.

The SSX34 also does 4 refrigerants (22, 410, 134, 404) while the ASX14 does 2 (22 and 410).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post

And yest hey work on both a fixed orifice and TXV.

Post Likes
    Thank You

Post Likes
    I believe the asx14 is an add on for the hg2 hvac analizer and the other unit is a stand alone unit. Check out the fieldpeice website

Post Likes
    I type way tooooooooo slowwwwwww.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by khc95 View Post
    I type way tooooooooo slowwwwwww.
    I'm with you, bro. I got two good typing fingers.

Post Likes
    I almost exclusively use FP instruments and love my SM480 manifold and JobLink probes, pumps, manometers etc. I also like their meters quite a bit, but I recently had 2 FP meters crap out on me back to back from just sweating on them. SC440 and SC260. I do sweat a lot, but I still feel that it is absurd that an HVAC meter would be so sensitive to moisture. I sent my SC440 in for warranty repair and bought an SC260 to use in the meantime. Well, I sweated on it today and it is done now. Gonna send this one in as well and buy an EUI or FLUKE this time. I had a Fluke meter for years before that and it served me well until I ran it over with my truck. The clamp broke, but the rest of the functions still good. I really hope FP does something to remedy this problem as I do like the functionality of their meters best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast