Thread: Carrier/Toshiba minisplits

Post Likes

Question Carrier/Toshiba minisplits

I was wondering what people's opinions here are on these carrier/toshiba inverter units. They look like good units, but I wasn't sure. How do they compare to other brands like Mitsubishi/Sanyo/Fujitsu/Daikin?

By the way this is a great forum. I've lurked around on here for a while. The wall of pride/shame pictures are fun to look at.

Post Likes
    I have no experience with Toshiba but I can tell you that Mitsubishi and Fujitsu are very very reliable when installed correctly.

What area are you from? Will you be using heat pump or just A/C?

Post Likes
    I live in New England (Boston area). I have hot water radiators for heat. At first I just wanted to put in AC, as people don't really use heat pumps here (cold winters), but since it looks like these things will will work down to really low temps, I am considering a heat pump, so I can save some money on heating in the winter.

Post Likes
    I definitely reccomend the HP.

What is your delivered elec rate? and what efficiency is your boiler?

Post Likes
    I'm not at my house now, but I'll check when I get home. I don't remember the exact afue of my boiler, but i know that it's a lower end weil-mclain. In the meanwhile, does anyone have experience with the carrier minisplits? I do plan on getting more quotes soon, but the contractor I've talked to so far wants to sell me one.