Thread: American Standard unconvert to Nat. Gas

Post Likes

American Standard unconvert to Nat. Gas

We have a customer that has a A/S Freedom 80 single stage heater Model# AUD080C948K2. When it was installed 6 years ago it was converted to Propane Kit# BAYLPKT210A . Now her LP tank (under ground) has sprung a leak. Luckly Natrual gas is now available on her street.

So service is now hooked up to the house ( which was a small fortune utility companies should be ashamed for what they charge so you can buy there product) We replaced Her hot water heater due to age and 1 of the 2 furnaces have been replaced not worth fixing 21 years old. The problem I'm now facing is the other heater needs to be converted back to Nat gas. What I'm trying to find out is the conversion just the orifices and adjusting the gas valve. Or was the regulator spring in the valve change. Some manufacturer's and models you do and I have converted others that you don't.

I could just replace the gas valve but I'm doing this last part of this for free. This poor old woman is retired widow on a fix income. I know all this other work that had to be done really put a dent in her bank account. It broke my heart when I explained this to her and she said "that's OK honey I can just sleep down stairs this winter"

So if anybody knows of a kit to switch it back to natural or if it is just orifices let me know. I asked our sales rep and he was of no help and I didn't have any luck with Trane/Amer Std tech service.

Thanks for the help in advance

Post Likes
    Call the local A/S distributor. They will know what needs to be done for that furnace.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes

Tried that no help

I tried asking at the local American Standard distributor they weren't much help.

My dad owns our company and had a falling out years ago with our Trane/ A/S Dist. He will not even go in there! He even got another service guy go in there to get a Trane part we needed that our regular supply house didn't stock. I know really dumb he is just an old stuburn Russia. He would slap me if he knew I went in there asking about this. I went in there to get a control board about 3 years ago ( our supplier was out of stock ) He still calls me a trader or some other comment at least once a week.

So I don't think guys there are going to bend over backwards to help me. Can't blame them my dad can be a real butt head ( trying to be nice )

Post Likes
    since local won't help, try calling a/s main branch or try....

http://www.americanstandardair.com/H...eedom80SS.aspx
    Jason J Saylor
    Johnson Controls

"You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goals aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, Whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.