Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gillianreynolds View Post
    You are right,

I agree with you.
    Thanks
    oostende hotels near train station

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mo geo man View Post
    I went to class to learn what we needed to know to bid a local project, the equipment cost was more than the engineers buget for the entire mechanical part of the contract. On original bid only one vendor could supply numbers. I like the theory and am excited that it may be coming to geo. But it doesn,t have a proven trac record, we have no data to truley compare it to geo. Oh did anyone forget our country is in turmoil and Daiken or Sanyo are both made in JAPAN!!!
    Very , very expensive, just wait, some other Japanese company will come out with another version then the price will plummet.

Better than geo, i think not, every ah has to have its own liq/suct line, electric and drain. Plus to repair them, ya rip them off the wall and replace them.

When they are a third of their price and actually worth the money i may consider it.
    I also believe they are everything thats wrong with our trade, plastic, junk that maint people will work on instead of installing a real piece of equipment.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes

Thanks

I haven't been on in a while, thanks for all the kind posts in agreement. I still have no savings proof on vrv, there is supposed to be a whole floor of vrv and a floor of geo in the new ASHRAE building in the DC area with the sole purpose of proving the savings, and yet we see nothing. I don't have to see geo savings I see my customers on the street stopping to tell me how comfotable they are first then they tell me about their utility savings. There is a down side..... If put in right the routine service is minimal so make sure you have a backup plan for less service if you do more geo!

Post Likes
    There was an article in ashrae journal a few months back comparing boiler tower, boiler chiller, vrf air source, and geothermal for facade dominated (basically residential) building types. Geothermal was slightly better than vrf in some climates, but not by much. Boiler tower heat pump systems were shown to be the dogs they are. The interesting conclusion was that boiler chiller does not make sense for facade dominated buildings due to heating COP of .95 from a condensing boiler vs 2.5 to 3 for an air source machine at design conditions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 19characterusername View Post
    There was an article in ashrae journal a few months back comparing boiler tower, boiler chiller, vrf air source, and geothermal for facade dominated (basically residential) building types. Geothermal was slightly better than vrf in some climates, but not by much. Boiler tower heat pump systems were shown to be the dogs they are. The interesting conclusion was that boiler chiller does not make sense for facade dominated buildings due to heating COP of .95 from a condensing boiler vs 2.5 to 3 for an air source machine at design conditions.
    Article sounds interesting...

Was the comparison done by operating efficiency, or by investment vs payback?

And could you post a rough idea of the climates geo works better and not good in... THX.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in