Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desigo Insight

Post Likes

Question Desigo Insight

Greetings everyone!!

I'm new over here, so, sorry to be bothering you for a first time!

Has anyone ever faced this problem with Desigo:

- Cannot acknowledge alarms in the screens nor in the alarm viewer.

- Cannot change no setpoints.

- Cannot change no schedules.

- In the other and, even with all this buggers, we are receiving operating states and other analog values...

Apparentely it's not a communication problem, as the router is working properly.

Anyone who faced something similar, please give us a hand!

Thanks!!!

Post Likes
    OK, couple of questions,

What subsystem do you have: PX, NCRE, Nitel, Visonik?
    Do you get time and date stamps in the alarm viewer?
    What access level do you have in Desigo Insight (check in configuration utility if you have it)?
    Can you change setpoints in object viewer?
    If you have PX, have you tried a PXM20 (or the PC based emulator)?

I'll assume PX. It seems to me your access level in Desigo Insight is not high enough.
    What is likely is either you are logging in as a basic user, or the person who programmed the PX forgot to set the access levels correctly on the objects.

Are you the customer or the tech working on installing the system?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by picnik View Post
    OK, couple of questions,

What subsystem do you have: PX, NCRE, Nitel, Visonik?
    Do you get time and date stamps in the alarm viewer?
    What access level do you have in Desigo Insight (check in configuration utility if you have it)?
    Can you change setpoints in object viewer?
    If you have PX, have you tried a PXM20 (or the PC based emulator)?

I'll assume PX. It seems to me your access level in Desigo Insight is not high enough.
    What is likely is either you are logging in as a basic user, or the person who programmed the PX forgot to set the access levels correctly on the objects.

Are you the customer or the tech working on installing the system?

The system is a PX.
    I'm working with Engineering level access, as we have programmed the system. The access levels are correctly assigned, the system has been functioning correctly for about 9 months 'til now, and this has only began to occur last week.
    Last week, just after I posted in the forum, I made a project check, recompile and restart, and the system was running great. Today it just went back to how it was before.
    We've checked all stations, bus, etc.. everything seems to be ok.
    We're having this many doubts and questions, because it's something that never happened to us before, and resolutions from SBT are being a little vague.

Oh! And by the way, we have an integration of S7-200 in the system. With this integration we have a lot of software (Citect) generated data points, hour counters, etc.. can this points fill any buffer, and crash Citect??

Thanks!
    Cumps!

Post Likes
    What is your IOserver configuration? I'll assume that you have configured this differently from "normal" in order to integrate the S7-200 directly into Desigo. I'm no expert on the IOServer as Siemens tend to try and keep this bit secret (that or they don't really know themselves ) but this is where my gut instinct says the error might lie. Try a pack of the citect project that holds the IOServer/s

If this doesn't work look to see if there is an error log created. Mine is stored in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Siemens\DESIGO\INSIGHT 3.0\Temporary Files

There's actually 2 files there called englog.trc and errlog.trc so do a search if they're not in the directory above.

Opened it using the trcui.exe program in the bin directory of insight. This should point you towards where the problem is. They can get quite large (mines 45Mb) but if you want clean it out, let a few errors appear and email it over (emails in my profile) I'll see if I can help identify the problem.

Let me/us know if you find a solution

Post Likes

Desigo Insight.

I am new in Building Automation by siemens desigo Insight and i want that all our Package A/C units will be OFF and ON on a given schedule. I opened the Time Scheduler application but i cannot find the device that i want to make. Could anyone help me to add the device to the time scheduler application. the I/O module is 2Q250

Post Likes
    You probably need the original XWorks software. There might be a way to add the point as a named reference in the scheduler but the XWorks is the proper route if you want to change software.

Post Likes

re:

i cannot find any Xworks in my automation station. is there any other way to make the command in a time scheduled switching. Thanks u very much for the help i appreciate it very much.

Post Likes
    Can you describe your setup in more detail?

From what I understand you have a PXC64 (or 128) which has a rail of IO modules, one of which is a 2Q250. (note the 2Q250 is actually a 2 digital outputs module)

Has any software been written so far for this controller. Has the 2Q250 you want to switch on and off been created in the software already and if so what is its point name. Also what is supposed to be switching it at the moment?

If the output has not been created in the software already then you will need the XWorks software to create the output. If you don't have the XWorks software you will need a Siemens engineer or systems house to do this work for you.

If you would prefer to post pictures of what you have rather than describe it feel free to either post them here or my email is in my profile and you can send them direct

Post Likes

reaction processor desigo insight

hi mr piknik im once again needing your help, can you gave me sample on how to make statement in reaction processor because all my entry dont work maybe my program is not correct, i want that the control module (2q250) of our package units will follow the status of the control modules (2q250) of our lighting . Also since the time scheduling of this AC unit is not possible , can u also teach me how to make the reaction processor become a time scheduler.

thank u very much for your help. i have nothing here which will guide me

Post Likes
    I'll give it a go, but without knowing your system its going to be a bit general.

1. Create a new reaction. Fill in the first tab as necessary.
    2. On the second Tab "Condition", click the add button. Here select the point that you want to act as the trigger (your lighting point?) and the state that will activate the reaction (On).
    3. On the third tab "Action", click the add button. Action type will be write then select the point/points you want to command (packaged unit output).
    4. you will then need a new reaction to switch it off, so follow the procedure above but the condition will be when the point goes off, and the action will be to write an off to the packaged unit output.

Another way to do it would be to use the desigo connect. Far easier than reaction processor.

The other way to do it would be with a bit of cicode. There is a file called project.ci and when copied into the top graphics project runs. In there you could write a bit of code that looks at the state of the lighting point and if different from the packaged unit point, command the packaged unit point to be the same as the lighting point. add a sleep statements so its not running all the time and its a quick and easy way to command points from other points.

To do it as a time schedule, you could on the condition tab choose time trigger. Set the date range to a few years or more and select the time you want the condition to be true (7 a.m?) and select the days you want it to happen. Action tab would remain the same. again you would need a second reaction to switch it off at night.

Of course, all this would depend on the PC always being on but I recon you understand that. Have you not got anyone in Saudi who could do this by programming. Its a far better solution. If you need a name I could probably speak to someone about getting the name of someone good over there.

Post Likes

thank u

thank you mr piknik , we did already talked to the one who made our building automation but unfortunately they dont reply or they have a problem so dont worry to contact another person.
    I will try what u just said. thank you very much

Post Likes

re

mr picnic i tried to make a reaction entry but not working, there is pop up saying that found no server . how can i activate a server? thank u

Post Likes
    could be you have no licence for the reaction processor.

Check in licence utility (licutil.exe) and check that you have an entry for reaction processor in the licence file. It doesn't come as standard so may well not have been included. Its not that cheap either so not usually included unless asked for.

If its not not included try looking at Desigo Connect instead, its an extra bit to install when desigo is put on, but can be added later by running the install program again. This can be used to link points

Post Likes

re

mr picnic could u see this one, this is info on our desigo . i want to know how much it cost to activate a reaction processor . thank you very much for your help

Post Likes
    To check your license details, run the LicUtil.exe file in the insight\Bin directory somewhere under program files.

Should look like the attached picture on the right hand pane

As for prices, you'll have to see your Siemens rep about the cost, as firstly we can't give prices on this forum, and secondly I haven't a clue (particulary as your based in Saudi)

Post Likes

re:

mr picnic do u have a website on desigo insight so that i can learn more advance? my problem before in time scheduler was solve by installing a 24 hour timer in the equipment instead but someday i will try again on programming side.. thank u very much , i think i like to be inclined in Controls.

Post Likes
    Hello Everyone,
    @ Infralapfs04:
    as for the alarms aknowledgement Problem, i faced it once, and i tried to enter the bacnet reference number for the management station instead of entering the management station name in the fiel of--> global-->NotifClxx-->{0}-->Reciepent-->B= [enter the bacnet refernce of the MS here instead of the management station name that can be obtained from configuration utility} this problem occured because both site and management station names were typically the same while both have same bacnet TD so i used the bacnet refernce number instead of the name.
    hope i made it clear.

i also wanna ask about how to generate automatic reports using the reaction processor. i need detailed steps. can anybody help? i have desigo insight V4.1

Post Likes
    Mr. Picnik

I am facing problem in pxc64u using xworks software. i cannot configure the project since the service led of com1 is blinking continuously. I tried download the compatible firmware but all in vain. Can u please help me regarding this issue......

Post Likes
    Its probably knackered!!

Is this BACNet over LON or BACNet over UDP/IP??

I'll assume LON and that you've done a node setup and you have the correct end of line resistor on the comms terminals. These are the first things you need to check.

if its BACNet over UDP/IP, is the card in the correct slot and firmly seated (has to be pressed down very hard)

When you do a firmware download does it download correctly?

Post Likes
    Thank you for your good response indeed.

It is BACNet over LON . I already made sure of the correct end of line resistor on the comms terminals. If there was a problem of correct end of line resistor, the reading of the controller would not appear in node setup being unconfigured rather it would'nt show any controller.
    Yes the firmware has been downloaded correctly.

I am also facing some typical problem in using Desigo Insight Software v4. It was running fine with no problem. All of a sudden , one message started appearing since 2 days. I tried to solve but all in vain. Whenever i open the desigo insight software, the message appears " Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044002. Starting DI Server failed . Please check $ErrLog traces for details".
    I tried to restore the system in previous date. It restores the system perfectly but same message appears upon starting the software.
    I really appreciate ur good reply.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast