Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desigo Insight

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik,

I am facing problem in two siemens Vfd's (SED2-15/32X) which i configured year before.They seems to be hanged i.e: whenever i press the hand or auto button to start, it gives me message on the display (P----).
    I made it facotry reset and again configured the parameters i.e: voltage, current,power facotor,rpm of the motor, kw of the motor (15 kw that is same as that of vfd), power factor,ramp-up time, ramp- down time. Still the problem persists i.e: the message (P----) appear.
    I removed the wires coming from the motor, the problem still persists. Please guide me how to solve this issue. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Sed2's are not my specialty. I'd recommend you start a new thread on the forum and ask the other guys on here
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Post Likes
    Dear Friends,

I am facing problem in two siemens Vfd's (SED2-15/32X) which i configured year before.They seems to be hanged i.e: whenever i press the hand or auto button to start, it gives me message on the display (P----).
    I made it facotry reset and again configured the parameters i.e: voltage, current,power facotor,rpm of the motor, kw of the motor (15 kw that is same as that of vfd), power factor,ramp-up time, ramp- down time. Still the problem persists i.e: the message (P----) appear.
    I removed the wires coming from the motor, the problem still persists. Please guide me how to solve this issue. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik,

I am using XWORKS V4.1. Whenever i connect to the project through Node Setup into the xowrks network configurator, it connects without any problem.
    But whenever i try to download the project, it runs during downloading it stops and gives me error as follows
    Compile Chart as block type (244:4064)
    The online CPU does not respond . Please check the connection (Set PG\PC Interface, Rack, Slot,...)
    I have tried another LON CARD with another cable, even then the same error is coming.
    I tried to download in another project still the same problem persists.
    Sometimes it says error as follows;
    The automation station could not be connected online.
    Please give me the solution for this query.
    Thanks in advance .

Post Likes
    The error looks familiar but can't think what it definatly is. Was the project upgraded from a 2.37 project. I sometimes find the upgrade process is not always perfect and old version blocks are left in.

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik,

I need the answer for this plz.
    Actually the scenario is that i have 3 ddc's connected with each other in star connection i.e: from the two ddc @ roof of Hotel the cat 5 cable is coming directly to the router PXG-80N with terminal resistor RXZ02.1L.F (105 ohms), while one connection coming from the basement ddc to the router.The distance between the roof and basement ddc's (PXC100.D) is no longer 300 meters, while the router is fixed in the basement ddc. I cannot see the 3 ddc in xworks rather when i connect the above two ddc's direct to the router, i can see both of them , but whenever i add the wires network connection from the basment ddc to the router, basement ddc does not appear but sometimes the above 2 ddc's @ roof disappears as well.
    Can u tell me the reason why?

Post Likes
    You really need an RXZ01.1 if using a star topology. Try this first. If you want to use RXZ02.1's you need one at each end of the network. I'm sure you can make a bus topology network the way you describe the layout of your network.

The distances don't seem too excessive so also check if there's any interference from inverters or similar devices that cause a lot of electronic noise.

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik,

Thanks for your reply. I put RXZ01.1 resitance in the router side , it worked. Now i can see all the 3 ddc's. But now problem arises that for sometime i can see all the 3 networks, gradually one of the ddc's disappears fr sometimes then re-appears itself. This will disturb the readings in desigo insight. As per your previous reply
    "The distances don't seem too excessive so also check if there's any interference from inverters or similar devices that cause a lot of electronic noise"
    I need to know how to check the interference from inverters or similar devices keeping in view that i only have 3 ddc's in the network?
    Also, i checked the bus topology using RXZ02.1 on both ends of the network but all in vain.

Waiting for your reply....

Post Likes
    To check for interference you will need something like an oscilloscope or a protocol analyzer. I must admit I'm no expert on this so maybe read some of the other threads on this site. (Do a search for LON interference as it is LON cabling being used)

I still think that your best bet is to wire it as a bus topology and use an RXZ02.1 at each end as this gives a far more robust network, but if this didn't work for you then I'm a bit stumped. Make sure all your termaninations on your network are properly made as a bad one could cause problems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ashareef24 View Post
    Dear Picnik,

I need the answer for this plz.
    Actually the scenario is that i have 3 ddc's connected with each other in star connection i.e: from the two ddc @ roof of Hotel the cat 5 cable is coming directly to the router PXG-80N with terminal resistor RXZ02.1L.F (105 ohms), while one connection coming from the basement ddc to the router.The distance between the roof and basement ddc's (PXC100.D) is no longer 300 meters, while the router is fixed in the basement ddc. I cannot see the 3 ddc in xworks rather when i connect the above two ddc's direct to the router, i can see both of them , but whenever i add the wires network connection from the basment ddc to the router, basement ddc does not appear but sometimes the above 2 ddc's @ roof disappears as well.
    Can u tell me the reason why?
    Hi, and sorry I didn't responded earlier.

Generally, we NEVER allow star configuration in our networks because many times it showed that star is much worse solution than a line. Even if line is longer than allowed if there is not to much interference, the network will work ok, but in star configuration 300m is always the max. length you can use.
    The behavior you described is exactly the symptom of broken communication caused by star configuration. Reconfigure it to line and put two RXZ2.1 on two most distant ends of the cable. That should be ok then.
    Many times i've seen improper connection of cat.5 cable. Actually, they connect one twisted pair as one wire and another twisted pair as second wire. This is improper way of connection, you should use only one twisted pair for LON.

Post Likes
    I am more than new in Building Automation by siemens desigo Insight and i want my company to buy it. Can You please think to what should i clear up before we sign, in order to prevent from troubles after? Just any precaution You might have noticed: THANK YOU!

Post Likes
    What about installing desigo, used to run on a client, on a server that runs CAD too, and works as a website please?
    All displayed by big touchscreens connected through clients, that work with applications remotely on server.

Thanks a lot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fmv View Post
    What about installing desigo, used to run on a client, on a server that runs CAD too, and works as a website please?
    All displayed by big touchscreens connected through clients, that work with applications remotely on server.

Thanks a lot.
    It's possible, you can configure DI as a terminal server, this will provide you an opportunity to connect few management stations as clients at the same time, you'll have to use Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 server and provide 100 kbps or higher connection. If few clients will work with same application (Plant viewer, for example) at the same time, you'll need the same number of licenses purchased for DI terminal server.
    Installing WEB server is possible too, DI webserver technology uses Microsoft IIS server to establish web server and generate html pages using DI graphics from one of your projects. Pages are adopted for IE, 8th version works fine. I remember few issues with Chrome and Opera in Desigo Insight V4.1, but cant say anything about DI V5.1.
    DI Web is generally slower than DI Terminal Server, but cheaper, license cost depends only of number of remote connections.
    I also know about successful installation of Desigo Insight V5.1 on a touch screen pc, installed on the DDC board panel, so terminal server configuration is possible. If you want to install few touchscreen panels, you can consider PXM50 & PXG3.W100 combination too.

Post Likes
    Hello friends, I started on DESIGO Xworks 4.1 and i need help ,so I explain what my problem :
    I'm working on a site or we use pxc 128u PLC and I do not know what I did to save the program of the latter with DESIGO Xworks 4.1.
    if someone could give me a little tutorial to show me how to make a backup of controller that's already in use on the site .
    I use DESIGO Xworks 4.1 and Easylon interface + to connect the networks lon : pxc128u and 64U .
    how to download the project on my pcwith DESIGO Xworks to back up each of the 15 PLC program .
    thank you for your reply and your support .

Post Likes
    Hello, unfortunately there is no possibility to download xworks project from PLC back to your laptop, there is no any disassembler. Only you can do, is the "read back" operation (go to CFC then proceed to "Chart - Read Back"), what will write values from plc program (such as setpoints, scheduler adjustments and etc) to your current xworks project and will show the list of differences between two projects (yours and plc's). You have to find project backup and then try to connect it "online" (CFC - "CPU" - "Connect site" - "test mode") and you'll if the project is different or not, otherwise you have to write new program.

16. Likes joe127 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    ok sorry for my english, I use google translate because I speak French .
    but no problιme ,
    i want to create a backup for my all plc in site .
    i have only desigo xworks 4.10 and the lon interface to connect my laptop in lon network with RG45.
    it is possible or not to create a backup of all programe for plc or read any dada to edit it from the plc ?
    thank you for your help .

Post Likes
    If you do not have a copy of "xworks" programm, or backup of this site(plc installations) you will not be able to connect to no one of these controllers.

Post Likes
    ok thank you for your reply

Post Likes
    Hi everyone... How could I change control signal from 2-10VDC to 0-10VDC in Desigo Insight? Is this possible?

Post Likes
    Open CFC, then IO editor. In the conversion part input the correct values. Apply, done.
    Somewhere in the installation folder (c:\program files...) is a small utility called conversion calculator - use that if you can't calculate the correct values on your own.

In the Desigo, if you have admin rights, you can use object viewer to do the same. This is not a recommended method.
    Last edited by zlotvor; 03-17-2016 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added object viewer part

22. Likes leonil liked this post.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast