Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desigo Insight

Post Likes
    With regard the PXC64U, without a resistor (RXZ01.1 or RXZ02.1) it is possible for the node setup to read the device as unconfigured and then when trying to configure it fails on the setting of the BACNet part. Check the terminator is on CLA and CLB.

Is it just the node setup that fails? The fact you can download new firmware suggests the controller is OK. There is some commands that can be used in the firmware tool to do some resets but I don't think this would be required if the firmware download works OK.

What LON interface are you using. have you used it on any other controllers recently? Is it a PCMCIA card? make sure its set up as NSIPCC in the Lonworks plug and play applet in control panel.

As for the Desigo Insight, the error you are getting is the same sort I get if my database upgrade process hasn't work properly when upgrading from previous versions of project.

First thing I would try is to go to project utility, right click the project, select "Upgrade" and then "to DI V4 project".

Run through this procedure and see if it works then (including graphics upgrade).

If not then create a new project and see if that works OK. This will tell you if the problem lies with your project or your DI installation. If the new project is OK the you can always transfer over the graphics and database in just a few minutes (or maybe a little longer if a complicated project) to the new project.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Post Likes
    Hi,

What firmware you use on PXC64? In the firmware description you will find different led blink patterns described - it's a good start for troubleshooting.
    Are you sure the termination resistor is ok? Sometimes it's possible to make node setup with wrong LON termination, but impossible to download after that.

What version of xworks you have? There is a new version (v4.10.030) with various bug fixes and new features. And it's same for DI (4.1 BL10). Install all patches from install DVD, you should get it from your local Siemens rep.

Post Likes
    HI everyone ,

Thankyou very much for your co-operation.

I am using PCMCIA card. I have used the terminator resitor RXZ02.1. Working in XWORK V4. I studied the data sheet of Pxc64-u , it clearly shows that if the service led of the controller COM1 blinks continuosly , that means LONWORKS chip is defective. The controller was working well since 2 months but all of a sudden i am facing this critical problem. Can anyone tell me the reason what could be the reason of LONWORKS chip being defective? What is the solution for that?

Post Likes
    Friends,

Can Someone help me regarding Desigo Insight Problem. The situation at the site is that I am using PXC00U controllers , Thermostat QAX34.1 and RXL22.1 to monitor the status of individual room temperature in BMS Central Station. Room individual Cards are there to operate the lights and Thermostat of the rooms which we monitor in BMS Station.

The question is that whenever guest remove the card before leaving the room in order to turn off the light and airconditong, it gives us alarm in BMS station. Infact it should not give us alram rather it should give us room unoccupied. There might be some settings in Insight to set this issue.....?

Post Likes
    Ashareef,
    Sorry to hear that, is it covered with warranty? If not, you can try to solder new Lon transmitter from other faulty equipment (big black brick near LON connector).
    I seen that fault only once, and I have couple hundred PX's behind me. Maybe I'm just lucky.

For DI - what alarms you get? Just occupancy or the complete controller? Describe little bit more how did you create KNX datapoints prom RXL?
    Check EnAlm and RefVal values. If its not alarm point then EnAlm should be No, and for alarming use Disturbance pin (if needed)

br, Z

Post Likes
    dear zlotvor and all friends,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. The Pxc64u controller is out of warranty. Also i do not have spare PXC64u to replace the new Lon transmitter. Anyhow i will try to manage it. I thing Fluctuation of the electricity might be the cause of LONWORKS chip being defective.

Regarding the desigo insight, i found the solution of the problem since there was no DI points in the controller RXL were used, thats why it is obvious that it would not give me occupied\unoccupied status of the guest.
    Actually i have manually configured the parameters of QAX34.2 to run the fcu and see the status in BMS station through PXCOOU controller.
    Right now i am facing the problem that the thermostat QAX34.2 of all the guest rooms are turning off themselves after nearly half an hour without any reason. I thing there might be some parameter to fix this issue?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ashareef24 View Post
    dear zlotvor and all friends,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. The Pxc64u controller is out of warranty. Also i do not have spare PXC64u to replace the new Lon transmitter. Anyhow i will try to manage it. I thing Fluctuation of the electricity might be the cause of LONWORKS chip being defective.
    It's not compulsory to dig it from the same controller, it can be any LON capable controller with FTT10 transceiver inside (the big black brick). We almost always use UPS power supply for the controller, it helps!

Regarding the desigo insight, i found the solution of the problem since there was no DI points in the controller RXL were used, thats why it is obvious that it would not give me occupied\unoccupied status of the guest.
    Did you follow the procedure:
    ETS > PX-KNX > XWP > DI ?

Actually i have manually configured the parameters of QAX34.2 to run the fcu and see the status in BMS station through PXCOOU controller.
    Does it mean that you actually see the status changing?

Right now i am facing the problem that the thermostat QAX34.2 of all the guest rooms are turning off themselves after nearly half an hour without any reason. I thing there might be some parameter to fix this issue?
    It's the room controller configuration! The QAX34.2 is just a simple HMI that takes input from user and displays information. Check the controller config.

Post Likes
    Not sure what field device your using, but I had the same problem when using RXL's via PXC00-U. Turns out I set it up as a 3 speed fan instead of single speed. Also check the behaviour when the setpoint is satisfied. If set as a room control the fan may be set to switch off during the deadband.

Post Likes
    Dear All friends especially Mr.Picnic. ( URGENT )

I am using PXC22.D Siemens Controller using XWORKs V4.1. Software. The problem which i faced was that when i make node setup. it is made but as soon as i try to download the program it shows PX Cannot be found on the network. While i am sure of my network cable and end resistance since with the same connection i downloaded the program in another DDC's.

I tried to download the firmware V4.1, The firmware loader loaded successfully while on downloading the basefirmware for pxc22.d it is giving me "zmodem error". it is written Base firmware information not found.
    Also it is written Base Firmware: No alternation.
    Firmware Loader: o.k.
    Now the fault led of pxc22.d is blinking continuously . As per datasheet it says that if fault led blinks continuously, it means Missing \ Corrupt Firmware.
    Now I want the solution please.

Post Likes
    Dear All
    I am finding strange problem with pxc22.d. When i give it 24V ac the run status does not appear whileddc appears in node setup . When i configure it , it is configured but a pop-up appears which says that BACnet Device Configuration Failed.
    The service led is blinking continuously . From datasheet it says that it means that no IP address configured.
    Now i cannot download the program since it gives no node setup even the node setup is done (but with error bacnet configuration failed). Also i cannot download any firmware since it says that no base firmware availabe.
    Can anyone help me ?

Post Likes
    Seems an interesting problem.

The only thing I ever had close to this was when I needed to do some work on a PXC00-U doing RXL's. I tried downloading the firmware but it wouldn't take the download and said base firmware not available. Of course without the base firmware I couldn't download the software using XWorks.

I was pulling my hair out as this was a Saturday and of course the good people of Siemens dont usually work weekends. On the Sunday I had to do a Modbus integration and I had the same problem! Two PXC00-U's with the same problem?

This was the error message I got:

As it turned out, someone suggested I try a different USB-232 converter. Sure enough the dowload worked! seems the USB-232 converter could read info coming in so the it looked like the firmware download tool was sort of working but in actual fact it wasn't as it couldn't send data.

Oh how I wish I had a laptop with a built in 232 port

Hope this helps
    Last edited by picnik; 03-29-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: add picture

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik

I am really glad to see you prompt reply . That depicts your co-operative nature and i really appreciate it.
    Well i need to clarify that u mean you were using the USB-232 converter it did not work but when you try different USB-232 Converter (same type)it worked. Do you mean that?
    If Yes, that means that i would purchase another USB-232 Converter to fix the bug.
    For your knowledge, i already tried to download firmware through USB-232 Converter, Also through serial port of the laptop, Problem still persist. Please Reply soon.

Also Regarding my question BaCnet Configuration failed for PXC22.D i am still waiting for reply.....

Once Again thanks for your reply..

Post Likes
    Looks like your controller might be faulty. There are some commands that can be used on the controller while using the firmware download tool if its in "Coma" mode but I don't have the documentation to hand to work out what this is. Press the ? key when you've connected via 232 and you should get some hyperterminal type messages up that you might be able to follow.

Have a word with your Siemens Rep and see if you can get your hands on the new firmware download tool thats due to be released (unless you have it ready!) It looks pretty good and a lot more professional...

If your firmware is faulty there's no way you can download the software from XWorks or do a node setup.

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik and Zlotvor ( need your response as well)
    Thanks for your response . I had two different problems with two pxc22.d controllers. One of which is solved i.e: the firmware connector which i was using was not tightened well since its screws are lost. That's why it was giving me error zmode etc.. Also the firmware tool was having some problem i used different one . This solved my problem

Now,
    Regarding other controller, as i mentioned before When i give it 24V ac the run status does not appear while ddc appears in node setup . When i configure it , it is configured but a pop-up appears which says that BACnet Device Configuration Failed.

Also fault led does not blink when i try to download the firmware by pressing firmware key with reset button. I tried to make a jumper between some of the insulations inside ddc with a wire during this test i found that run led glowed for a time i was keeping the wire jumpered. Now i dont know which method should i use to fix this problem. since no firmware can be downloaded because fault led does not blink at all.
    I hope i have clearly explained to you the situation.
    Please find the answer for me.....?

Post Likes
    Can you confirm that the correct buttons are being pressed

http://www.big-eu.org/catalog/siemen...N9215en_08.pdf

Have a look on page 7.

Also check that the AA battery is healthy and that the bit of plastic is fully removed that stops the battery discharging while not powered.

Try holding down the firmware button, powering off and on the controller and wait 15 seconds before releasing the firmware button. (The reset button just does a short power off. Maybe this is faulty)

I must admit I'm a bit concerned your shorting things out in the controller with a bit of wire. There's 24V floating round in there as well as lower voltages that power chips and stuff. Easily blow stuff up if your not very careful.

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik,
    Once Again really thankful for your valuable suggestions. Actually i did what you suggested me.But even then i cannot download the firmware since the status led (fault) fails to glow after pressing firmware button 15 minutes with power off and on and hence no firmware can be downloaded.
    I doubt if the ddc was defective, it wouldn't show the service led blinking meaning that no ip is configured only. Any how,
    How can i get the details of chip board inside pxc22.d controller to evaluate further?
    Also , can you tell me how to become the member for this site, since my status always appears Regular Guest instead of member .
    Hope to get reply from you soon.

Post Likes
    What firmware did you download to it? is it V4 or downgraded to V2.37?

did you use PXC_CMP12-22 V2.20.424.dwz or PXC_CMP12-22 V2.20.420.dwz if downgraded?

Post Likes
    Dear Picnik<
    I tried to download both firmwares which i have for V2.37 PXC_CMP_PPC12-22 V2.20.420.dwz AND V4.1 FIRMWARE PXC_CMP_PPC12-22 V2.20.420.dwz.
    But still problem is not solved. I dont have any other firmwares which you mentioned.

I thing the problem might be the hardware defect . Still the controller does not respond the status led (fault) after pressing the firmware button? If the problem still persist do you advice me to order new ddc or still their is some hope?

Post Likes
    Dear picnik,

Sorry, the firmware version 4.1 which i have PXC_CMP_PPC12-22 V4.00.080.dwz.

i have mistakenly wrote same firmware versions in my previous email.

Please Reply....

Post Likes
    The reason I asked what firmware version for 2.37 was I heard that new PXC's were coming out with new chips in them that were not compatible with the 420 firmware.

I received a bulletin last February "recommending" I use the 424 firmware but I recently heard that using the 420 with controllers with the new processors could damage them and brick them.

You should speak to whoever sold you the controller to find out the full story as I only got it word of mouth, nothing official. I'm not even sure what the symptoms are and whether it can be fixed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast