Thread: Trane Rover Tool

Post Likes

Trane Rover Tool

I need a copy of Rover Tool for a system I currently service. Who can help me?
    Thank you.

Post Likes
    Good Luck!!! I think the full package goes for around $1800 if Trane will sell it to you. Don't expect a free-bee as it is licensed to the computer that it runs on. Your only hope would be if it still runs as a demo for 30 days but I am not sure how much functionality it has as a demo.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Post Likes
    good luck is right lol.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes

Which system do you service...

Quote Originally Posted by davisystems View Post
    I need a copy of Rover Tool for a system I currently service. Who can help me?
    Thank you.
    Have a VAV site with multiple rooftop units. With a lot of trouble got Rover and couldn't make it work. Finally got into the system with Hyperterm, free on every PC.
    Don't ask for more than what you need.

D.

Post Likes
    I would have to assume that you hooked up to a CCP VariTrac system if you were using Hypterterminal. You cannot hook Hyperterminal directly up to a Comm4 link and make it work.

If you hook onto a CCP and are using the command line interface, you can get to some of the options on the VAV boxes and the RTU that is on the system, but you are still missing out with a lot of things that the Rover Service Tool can do.

But if you have some magic way to get directly on a Comm4 link just using Hyperterminal, please share, a lot of people would like to know that one...including me...

Post Likes
    Yeah I just got a price for the Rover upgrade to 7, it was the same price as the last full version of Rover I bought.

Post Likes
    Honestly if you are just wanting to use Rover to configure Trane devices and thats it and still have Rover 5/6 I would just stay with what you have. Just make sure you have the latest service packs.

Post Likes

UCM Access with Hyperterminal

Can anyone explain how to access the UCM so that I can modify the VAV box flow coefficients? Baud rate and cable configuration?

Is there any command reference guide or logon?

Much appreciated,

Paul

Post Likes

UCM with HyperTerm

Paul,

Send me an email on my posted address in the user info. I can give you the cable pinout and config info for hyperterm.

D.

Post Likes
    D'laine, could you send that to me also?