+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: People Looking for Jobs

Post Likes

People Looking for Jobs

I was doing interviews on Friday and I had 1 guy come in, everything looked not bad, so I had few question like what is 1 of you weak spots. His answer was I have a hard time being on time.(his words if you want me here at 7.30 tell me to be here at 7 am) what are these guys thinking. So I had to think long and hard, but just threw it out there and said when can you start. (his words I am not sure but will let you know, I have more companies I want to look at.) I said yah do that and once he left I threw is resume and criminal clearance form into the shreader. I will tell secretary that we found someone more eager. He also does'nt want to be a Installer for long, but the position advertise is for Installers only. Sorry to vent just gets fustrating.
    Do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    I had a guy who in 20 minute took 3 calls on his cell phone all person each call was about 3-4.

I finial said thank you for your time. He then ask so when do I start work

I said we'll call you if your the chosen Candidate,

His reply why is there a problem?

I said have a good day and walk him out, just shaking my head.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    i can see technology actually being a problem with teens and 20's. they are in constant communications with others that they do not see answering the phone or taking a text during an interview as rude. To them its normal and acceptable

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    i can see technology actually being a problem with teens and 20's. they are in constant communications with others that they do not see answering the phone or taking a text during an interview as rude. To them its normal and acceptable
    I hear you,

The amount of man hours yak away on a cell phone rather then working a unreal. These Kids never seem to hear of walk/work and talk. Or better yet NO PERSONAL PHONE CALLS.

It clear that this guy would be more interested in his cell phone then his work.

Post Likes
    How unfortunate. Some of us looking for a job in the HVAC trade can't even get in the door for an interview and clowns like that waste your time.

As for technology, aka the cell phone, I'm surprised some employers haven't been sued when their employee hits someone while yaking on the darn thing driving a company vehicle. I'm sure there have been a few sued and probably more in the future.

6. Likes Tom27 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Had a new hire, call me and ask if I could give him a courtesy wake up call for first day of work so he could be on time. Explained he had plans for previous evening and did not want to disappoint.

I think I really confused him when I suggested that we push his start day back a day, as we did have quite a bit scheduled for him and did not want him to get "hurt" because he did not arrive fresh and aware. Don't get me wrong, he hung up the phone, it was the email I got 2 hours later that was telling!

Post Likes
    You cant leave us hanging about the email

9. Likes tmst liked this post.
    Post Likes
    yeah.. ya just cant leave us hanging out here!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DGIO-Not View Post
    it was the email I got 2 hours later that was telling!
    WTF was the email about? lol

Post Likes
    are you still hiring???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I hear you,

The amount of man hours yak away on a cell phone rather then working a unreal. These Kids never seem to hear of walk/work and talk. Or better yet NO PERSONAL PHONE CALLS.

It clear that this guy would be more interested in his cell phone then his work.
    I agree, that person (and unfortunately many in this age group) will waste the customers and your time on excessive personal phone calls,most of which are unimportant. Probably twittering with hannah montana "I'm doing my nails now".
    GO DAWGS!

Post Likes
    Id throw my hat in the ring but i know u arent looking for green guys anymore

Post Likes
    My weakness is I wont work for A$$holes who ask me what my weakness is. What a gay question!
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

16. Likes airknight1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Sorry guys, I found the email disappointing not entertaining. In short, we have rewritten the employee evaluation policy during the Trial Period. I honestly did not want him coming in after asking me for "wake up call" as his first hands on was scheduled to be sheet metal shop.

It basically went into a diatribe on what his father thought about his actions (Dad was not a happy man, the email was explicit on that.) Went on to explain that he has no problem "functioning" on no sleep. Then topped it off with the, "I just didn't want my first day being late, being my first day."

I thought asking your boss for a "wake up" call was enough to question this hire. It actually struck my mind to ask him, "Am I your mother?" but thought better of it.

I'm sorry to disappoint. Just another one of those, "not prepared for the real world scenarios." However, I'm thinking of calling his dad and asking if he wants the job. :-)

Post Likes

Get a JoB

Quote Originally Posted by cg2 View Post
    My weakness is I wont work for A$$holes who ask me what my weakness is. What a gay question!
    This isn't the place to come out of the closet, Go share it with your bum buddy, sounds like you got nuts the size of field mouse. Name calling on this site is tuff. Go get you welfare check or how ever you get by and say something inteligent.
    Do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DGIO-Not View Post

I'm sorry to disappoint. Just another one of those, "not prepared for the real world scenarios." However, I'm thinking of calling his dad and asking if he wants the job. :-)
    That's funny. Let us know when he starts...
    GO DAWGS!

20. Likes OKCReferTech liked this post.
    Post Likes

Cool

it is a rather IMPORTANT question. just like those personality and honesty tests we think are silly; they actually DO reveal things about our character or lack thereof.

you could answer that question in this way for example: "i have a hard time remembering names. BUT i always have a pen and paper with me to help remember new people.

the truth is everyone has weaknesses and admitting them and making conscience effort to improve them makes you somewhat unstoppable
    when life throws me a banjo, i play it

22. Likes Unlimited1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michigan1 View Post
    it is a rather IMPORTANT question. just like those personality and honesty tests we think are silly; they actually DO reveal things about our character or lack thereof.

you could answer that question in this way for example: "i have a hard time remembering names. BUT i always have a pen and paper with me to help remember new people.

the truth is everyone has weaknesses and admitting them and making conscience effort to improve them makes you somewhat unstoppable
    Or maybe "my weakness is electrical, I study it daily on my own time to improve that part of my skills".

Post Likes

This is a common Interviewing question, I don't see the big deal.

ex DDC I'm not as string as as I'd like to be but hope to take some training. Is that something you might help provide and what other training do you provide.

Post Likes
    I just went through two interviews for a promotion within the company I work for....New suit and tie...$5xx..resume paper...$2x....portfolio supplies...$3x....Two days away from work for interviewing....nice....Countless hours spent prepping...sigh....Getting the promotion....PRICELESS

26. Likes Juan Madera, OKCReferTech liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in