+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People Looking for Jobs

Post Likes
    new helper starts last monday, leaves a note in the office door thursday morning saying he has something to do today, he'll be back tommorow. i fumed about it all day. the next morning i told him once more & don't bother showing back up. the only reason he got the second chance is because he will actually work. most new hire helpers we get have no work ethic.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    what was more important then work?
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

Post Likes

Washington, DC, Area - Looking For HVAC Job

WILLIAM (Bill) CONGLETON
    wjcong@cox.net, (703) 585-2477

Career Objective:
    HVAC EMPLOYMENT

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

• EPA Universal Certification
    • Associates Degree HVAC – 4.0 GPA
    • ASHRAE Scholarship – March 2009
    • Former Certified Auto Mechanic

RELEVANT EXPERIENCE

Criminal Investigator and Intelligence Officer, Federal Protective Service, 2003-2006; and Immigration and Nat. Service HQ, 2000 and prior:
    • Made direct and convincing presentations to prosecuting attorneys, grand juries, criminal and trial juries, thus creating a strong pattern of prosecution acceptance by the U.S. Attorney’s Office
    • As HQ Internal Audit’s Eastern Regional Coordinator, effectively supervised case-load of over 150 investigations assigned to the field, and increased case closings by 50-75%

Auto Mechanic, Koons Ford, Falls Church, Virginia
    • Made general mechanical and electrical repairs to automobiles

Education
    • Associates Degree, NVCC Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC) Degree Program. The occupational objectives of the program include service, maintenance, repair, and installation of HVAC equipment.
    • Membership: NVCC’s chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, International Honor Society for full-time students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Phi Theta Kappa is the two-year college equivalent of the four-year college Phi Beta Kappa, both of whose membership is by invitation only.

Continuing Education and Training
    • Lincoln Technical Institute, Automotive Technology
    • ASE Certified Auto Mechanic
    • Numerous Computer Training courses
    • Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Certification

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spymoocow View Post
    what was more important then work?
    i have no idea, but if i find out it was a prior sub job with someone else i'm the jealous type!!!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    this whole society is becoming abig waste of time, employers holding fake interviews just to collect information, employers hiring people for other reasons rather than qualifications, employers acting like they have full-time positions when they are really temporary,

waste of time goes around, waste of time comes around.

the guy in the first post probably just wanted to collect his unemployment check.

6. Likes Jim1959 liked this post.
    Post Likes

Lightbulb One thing about a recession

It can be a big kick in the butt to a lazy workforce.

Post Likes

Man You got to lay off the Weed

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    this whole society is becoming abig waste of time, employers holding fake interviews just to collect information, employers hiring people for other reasons rather than qualifications, employers acting like they have full-time positions when they are really temporary,

waste of time goes around, waste of time comes around.

the guy in the first post probably just wanted to collect his unemployment check.

Your are starting to get paranoid, first it was the goverment and now it the employers, who next you mother. Get a grip man and get of welfare and leave the magical smoke to someone who can handle it.
    Do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    LOL @21...U are hilarious...Right on the money with that one..Too many professional bums out there that think they have a clue.

Post Likes

Thanks Stingray

Well the last guy I hired is just showing up late continuiosly everyday 10 minutes 20 another. He has every excuse in the book. He is gone as soon as I find replacement. We also had 2 complaints in 1 week about driving habbits. What do I have to do. This is the most fustrating thing I have ever gone through.
    Do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    Sounds like I should pack my car and start heading to berta...lol
    I was told by other guys I took the g2 course with to just go. Just don't know if I should stay South or keep going North to Edmonton. I would even be willing to hit Ft. Mac...Although things seem to have definitely slowed there too. But anything beats the almost 14% unemployment rate where I am at now..Highest in all of Canada.

Post Likes

job

are you taking resumes? where can i send ??

Post Likes
    I had a young man come for interview for an helper’s job. I almost hired him until he told me that he doesn't work good with his hands and wants to be a lawyer.

Post Likes
    I used to ask them about their Driving Record, after they told how great it was, I’d go to the Office Manager, give them the $5 and send them to DMV, just down the street. Less than half came back. I had the Bean Counter get on me about that. I laughed, and told him how much money I just saved the company.

15. Likes N2fords liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I use to include a current copy of my driving record from the DMV as part of my resume. To those looking for a job it might help you stand out.

17. Likes Jim1959 liked this post.
    Post Likes

Controls Tech Interested in New Opportunities

Hello,

I am interested in new opportunities within the field of building automation.

I have a strong interest in technology and mechanical systems and enjoy the nature of this industry due to the complexities of the systems, and how they integrate into other systems and eventually impact building occupants.

I look forward to gaining additional experience in this.

Attached is my resume.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    The market is changing drastically, at least around here, as far as it being more an employees advantage now. The companies are in dire need of guys who can tie their shoes. We are struggling just fore our warehouse/shop help so imagine how it is finding the skilled guys lol. I find other company cards from recruiters on my van all the time.The sign on bonus trick (spread over 2 years lol) is not working anymore. We have a drastic shortage of skilled hvac techs in my area and I know my company knows it. Last year everyone got a $2.50 raise out of the blue, no discussion on it or anything.

Post Likes
    who on earth revived necro thread from 11 years ago??
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

21. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    who on earth revived necro thread from 11 years ago??
    Some people like em old and cold....

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Is this possible to find a job on HVAC without any experience?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMarshallOS View Post
    Is this possible to find a job on HVAC without any experience?

Yes it is possible. If you have a mechanical, technician, electrical or construction type of a background it might be easier to do. Even with that I would suggest to see if there any certificate type degrees or courses in your area. This might be a 3-5 subject course. Get your 608 EPA Certification. That can be done in probably a weeks time and cost less than $100 probably. Knowing how to solder or braze is a plus.

People will be more likely to give you a shot if you are younger healthy eager to work and have a clean driving record. Good communication skills are a plus also. In many areas you may find it easier to get a shot in the spring or summer.

If you are wondering if you should give it a try maybe share some details and see what others think.

25. Likes cartershvac liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in