+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Network user in naigra?

Post Likes

Network user in naigra?

What is the network user check box for in Niagara user setup menu?

Post Likes
    If you setup a user as a network user, than that users login profile will be replicated down (or possibly up) between the supervisor and the JACE. When you go into Niagara network there is an option box (and I believe a view) that will allow you to replicate users into or out of the supervisor / controller.

So say you have a technician named Bob and he programs both the supervisor and the individual JACE's, you make Bob a network user in the supervisor, then in the Niagara Network under drivers on the supervisor you can select if the network users go "in" (from the JACE to supervisor) or "out" (from supervisor to JACE). When you open up the individual JACEs in WB you configure them the same way, except "out" means up to the supervisor and "in" means from the supervisor to the JACE.

I typically configure them so that I push my networks users down from supervisor into all the JACEs, but I don't allow a JACE to push up to the supervisor.

3. Likes numbawunfela liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in