Thread: S9X2 & XR16

Post Likes

S9X2 & XR16

Little 40k and ton and a half. Usually do a 2 pipe but could not fit a 2nd down the chimney and no reasonable place to vent out the side walls.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Nice not to need a ball valve on the intake. I really like your radius returns. I wish the installers I had to follow did half as nice of work as you.

3. Likes taylor2 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    Nice not to need a ball valve on the intake. I really like your radius returns. I wish the installers I had to follow did half as nice of work as you.
    I have to follow my own work. Things I did 10 years ago make me cringe when I see them. The criticism (mostly constructive) from WOP is what motivated the level of work you see me post.

5. Likes R600a, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    I have to follow my own work. Things I did 10 years ago make me cringe when I see them. The criticism (mostly constructive) from WOP is what motivated the level of work you see me post.
    Same for me. Seeing something o did in 15 makes me dislike the person I used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I slacked there for a little bit but getting back on here helps motivate me. I always tried to push myself to learn something new every week related to HVAC, even if it was small, it was something that would become valuable at some point in my career. When you think you know enough in this field, it's probably time to find another career.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Same for me. Seeing something o did in 15 makes me dislike the person I used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me I see stuff I did just before I joined here and I cringe. I learned so much so fast on here. I do a lot of free repairs on crap I installed before I joined here.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Maybe I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing, but what is the transformer for on the handy box, left side.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductor-Lover View Post
    Maybe I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing, but what is the transformer for on the handy box, left side.
    SSU switch

Post Likes
    SSU switch
    You can run it off the furnace LVTB. Never seen them recommend that.

I'm assuming SSU is a secondary safety switch? 24v? Perhaps I'm wrong because you would just be breaking 24v. Now I'm curious.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductor-Lover View Post
    You can run it off the furnace LVTB. Never seen them recommend that.

I'm assuming SSU is a secondary safety switch? 24v? Perhaps I'm wrong because you would just be breaking 24v. Now I'm curious.
    Fused switch for the furnace, 120v not 24v. Not necessary but also not a problem that I have experienced. Some people claim they'll blow for no reason and waste time and money but I might find 1 or 2 blown fuses a year and for all I know, they saved a board.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

14. Likes Ductor-Lover liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Fused switch for the furnace, 120v not 24v. Not necessary but also not a problem that I have experienced. Some people claim they'll blow for no reason and waste time and money but I might find 1 or 2 blown fuses a year and for all I know, they saved a board.
    Oh ya, we used to put those on when we couldn't get an electrician out to change the breaker in our timeframe. The only reason we installed them. The electrical regulations here are a joke. Most "licensed" electricians do shoddy work and I end up fixing it anyway.

Look, if I can do the work and do it exceptionally, just inspect the damn thing and move on!! They seem to care more about who is doing the work than how well it is done. Ok, rant over.

Post Likes
    Yeah, I don't know if it's just my area or if others see it too but it's almost an expectation that there is an ssu, not by inspectors, homeowners are so used to them when i have omitted them i had one customer request i put the same kind of switch as before (ssu).

Post Likes
    Ya, we have a lot of existing furnaces here that have oversized 20 Amp breakers. We install them with a 15a fuse when necessary. Just as easy to pop the panel open and throw a breaker in but it is too dangerous for us lowly HVAC guys to do.