+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoshizaki F-450MAJ Flaker 5 Beeps

Post Likes

Hoshizaki F-450MAJ Flaker 5 Beeps

5-Beeps - Freeze Timer WV off > 30 min. since last WV activation

This has been an intermittent issue where several days can go by with the machine pumping out ice. Then, it shuts down on the alarm.

So, after chasing my tail and 3 different chats with tech support, they’re telling me to change the control board because everything I’ve checked is not pointing them to any other components or refrigerant issues.

Anyone ever have the 5 beep alarm and solved it without having to replace the board?

Thanks.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Likes SandShark liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yeah, I have the service manual and I am familiar with that section and how the upper/lower floats operate, along with the freeze timer, as well as the sequence of operation. I removed and bench tested the floats. I found they open/close as designed. I bench tested the water inlet valve, too.

Post Likes
    All it would take is a intermittent float switch 😉
    Just saying ....
    Cheaper than a board.

6. Likes SandShark liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SandShark View Post

This has been an intermittent issue where several days can go by with the machine pumping out ice. Then, it shuts down on the alarm.

So, after chasing my tail and 3 different chats with tech support, they’re telling me to change the control board because everything I’ve checked is not pointing them to any other components or refrigerant issues.

Anyone ever have the 5 beep alarm and solved it without having to replace the board?

Thanks.
    Yeah, I have the service manual and I am familiar with that section and how the upper/lower floats operate, along with the freeze timer, as well as the sequence of operation. I removed and bench tested the floats. I found they open/close as designed. I bench tested the water inlet valve, too.
    You can change the board but I agree. Float 1st!

8. Likes SandShark liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I didn’t mention it because I absolutely hate being a “parts changer”, but I changed both the float and the water inlet valve earlier this week, even after bench testing them.

FWIW, the OEM control board (2A8054-01) in the machine is obsolete and has been replaced with 2A9093-01. Parts Town has 74 of them in stock, soon to be 73 in stock. 🫤

Post Likes

Thanks.
    I didn’t mention it because I absolutely hate being a “parts changer”, but I changed both the float and the water inlet valve earlier this week, even after bench testing them.

FWIW, the OEM control board (2A8054-01) in the machine is obsolete and has been replaced with 2A9093-01. Parts Town has 74 of them in stock, soon to be 73 in stock. 🫤
    Might have helped letting us know that out of the gate!

11. Likes SandShark liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Monday morning quarterback 😃

13. Likes SandShark liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Might have helped letting us know that out of the gate!
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Monday morning quarterback 😃
    Well, I tried insinuating in my OP that I covered all bases when I said, “(E)verything I’ve checked is not pointing them to any other components or refrigerant issues.” I guess I didn’t do a very good job. 😎 Sorry fellas, but I do appreciate y’all’s advice! 👍🏻

15. Likes Bob-Brr liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in