Thread: EBM papst Fan Failures

Post Likes

Frown EBM papst Fan Failures

Is anyone else seeing fan failures from EBM Papst?
    Our industry is seeing massive fan failures from EBM Papst. We are a commercial service company and we are seeing failures across all manufacturers that use this fan. It always happens in summer when outdoor air temps are high, and it only seems to happen to the smart fans (EC type). Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

Post Likes
    What's the static pressure?

Post Likes
    Sorry,
    I should have mentioned they are condenser fan motors. Not Evap motors. Static pressure is minimal since they are standard condenser coils, not microchannel or any specialty condensers. We are seeing it happen everywhere. Not just one specific site.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieTech View Post
    Sorry,
    I should have mentioned they are condenser fan motors. Not Evap motors. Static pressure is minimal since they are standard condenser coils, not microchannel or any specialty condensers. We are seeing it happen everywhere. Not just one specific site.
    Are you getting water intrusion into the electronics?

I have seen this with both Ziehl-Abegg and Rosenberg ECM condenser fans
    Who’s to blame?... if you’re looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn’t be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. V for Vendetta

Post Likes
    Are the coils adequately clean?
    A dirty coil will cause the motor to run hotter.
    Eric

Post Likes
    Odd you should mention this. I was out until almost midnight last night changing one out. Not much other experience with them, but according do the on site guy they fail constantly. The 2 pallets of spares he had waiting seem to back up his story.