Thread: York Chiller YCIV Lockout: HPCO Fault

Post Likes

York Chiller YCIV Lockout: HPCO Fault

Hello from Belize. We have a York Chiller YCIV0207SA. Recently we have gotten a Lockout on compressor 2 : HPCO Lockout. We have checked all fuses and have also changed out the Relay Circuit Board 031-02479-002 for compressor 2 and it did not work.
    I have noticed that when the compressor is ramping up it does not on the display menu for compressor 2, the section where it says fan on, there is no indication that the fans are starting up. Have tried manually giving power to contactors and fans all are working, therefore no fuses are bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below are the reading on the display before it goes to HPCO fault. Maybe I am missing something.

Pressures :Suction = 67 Discharge =113
    Temperatures: Suction=83.0 Discharge=130.5
    Suction: Superheat = 15.7 Sat Temp = 66.9 Temp=82.6
    Discharge: Superheat= 32.2 Sat temp=99.2 Temp = 131.4
    Motor Temps T1=118.0 T2=137.3 T3=123.2
    Speed 33.8% Econimizer Solenoid = off
    Suction Superheat =15.5
    Drain Valve = 5.4%
    Fans On = 0

Post Likes
    Is the pressures accurate?

Did you check the voltage to the Discharge pressure transducer?
    The voltage out of the DPT?

Can you bump the fans for the 2nd stage in service mode? All of them? If you cant bump them, check the fuses. if the fuses are blown it is probable a motor shorted causing this.
    3 individual fuses supply the entire fan circuit per system. 1, or 2.

3. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We had a York Chiller a few years ago that had to be reset every day due to the kinds of issues you are experiencing. One of my servicemen walked over and said, "I'm not sure what occurred." Anyway, I went to the building in the late afternoon, looked around, and discovered that the make up water in the cooling tower couldn't keep up with the water being evaporated; lo and behold, all it required was to fully open the make up water and let the float valve manage it. That was the cure, and there would be no more annoying phone calls.

Post Likes
    Verify your sensors and transducers are accurate.

Also there is a several second lag between the actual pressures and what the display shows. So the display can "miss" an event.

Post Likes
    So we pumped down the compressor and replaced the HPCO switch and it is still giving the same error, pressures are good, dont know what else could be the problem. HELP GUYS please

Post Likes
    I replied in your other thread.

Post Likes
    thanks Jayguy...that was the problem, initially we had replaced the transducer with a new sealed York factory transducer 025-29139-003.
    Apparently it came damaged from company, I did not have a spare so I took it off my working compressor and installed in compressor 2 and it worked perfectly.
    I am grateful to all for your help, you guys have a friend in Belize anytime you want to come and get sunburned.....

Again thank you all very much.......

Post Likes
    -I would verify that the new HPCO is really opening (possibly ‘blipping’)and not something else going on in that control circuit (sorry havent looked at the wiring diagram yet)
    -I would disconnect new sw,jumper the connector (if its a n/c switch) and put my fluke 16 with clips on the new HPCO,and use the ‘momentary short’ feature on my fluke16 while I started the compressor with a discharge gauge in front of me and my helper at the main toggle switch for emerg.
    -if it doesnt open then i would start digging in.
    *but thats me and this is not an advisement*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk