+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York Chiller YCIV Lockout: HPCO Fault

Post Likes

York Chiller YCIV Lockout: HPCO Fault

Hello from Belize. We have a York Chiller YCIV0207SA. Recently we have gotten a Lockout on compressor 2 : HPCO Lockout. We have checked all fuses and have also changed out the Relay Circuit Board 031-02479-002 for compressor 2 and it did not work.
    I have noticed that when the compressor is ramping up it does not on the display menu for compressor 2, the section where it says fan on, there is no indication that the fans are starting up. Have tried manually giving power to contactors and fans all are working, therefore no fuses are bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below are the reading on the display before it goes to HPCO fault. Maybe I am missing something.

Pressures :Suction = 67 Discharge =113
    Temperatures: Suction=83.0 Discharge=130.5
    Suction: Superheat = 15.7 Sat Temp = 66.9 Temp=82.6
    Discharge: Superheat= 32.2 Sat temp=99.2 Temp = 131.4
    Motor Temps T1=118.0 T2=137.3 T3=123.2
    Speed 33.8% Econimizer Solenoid = off
    Suction Superheat =15.5
    Drain Valve = 5.4%
    Fans On = 0

Post Likes
    Check discharge pressure transducer, and that valve for transducer is open.

check fuses for second stage fan circuit.

check with a set of gauges on the system to confirm the readings are correct. Or is there a deviation to the display to the actual pressure readings.

do the KISS program.

Keep
    It
    Simple
    Sunshine

3. Likes ksefan, hbriverol liked this post.
    Post Likes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1134.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	837129
    -Is the Yciv the same display as the Ycav(pic)?
    If so u can test fans in service mode(toggle sw off).
    *But 113psig is a long way from the hpco setting (297 i think) and isnt even at the pressure to stage on cond fans yet,I’d suspect a bad hpco sw ,wiring issue or a bad dis psi transducer.
    (As noted already,check actual dis pressure and that transducer service valve is open,and main dis iso valve)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes hbriverol liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you. The display is the same s the YCAV. Heading over to site now to check all recommendations given. what location is the HPCO switch?

Post Likes
    it is located on the compressor body. 3" from the discharge temperature discharge sensor. Green in color.

Be careful. it is live so to change you have to reclaim the refrigerant out of the compressor after isolation. for stage 2 when you are facing the compressor side it is on the other side. you can look at the system 1 which is much easier to get at for a better idea.

Post Likes
    Note: you will need a pass code for service mode activation. if no code all you can do is look at voltage levels and existing conditions

Post Likes
    Good luck.
    *The passcode for service mode (toggle sw off) is the basic York one that is in the IOM (and is on your ‘phone’

Post Likes
    Thanks guys, transducers are fine and pressures check out with the manometer. Checked all fuses and they are all good. I went into the service mode with secret York code and Sys 2 fans turn on correctly. I checked visually all wires from compressor 2 for any cracks or damage, all are good. I can only guess now that it might have something to do with the HPCO switch, luckily I have spare and will pump down system and replace in the AM.
    I also read somewhere something about a defective CR relay, replace relay. Not sure what this is or where I might find it.
    You guys have been very helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp Image 2022-08-15 at 3.49.38 PM.jpeg  

Post Likes
    Would you have any idea what the CR relay might be and its location?

Post Likes
    So we pumped down the compressor and replaced the HPCO switch and it is still giving the same error, pressures are good, dont know what else could be the problem. HELP GUYS please

Post Likes
    I replied in your other thread.

14. Likes hbriverol liked this post.
    Post Likes
    thanks Jayguy...that was the problem, initially we had replaced the transducer with a new sealed York factory transducer 025-29139-003.
    Apparently it came damaged from company, I did not have a spare so I took it off my working compressor and installed in compressor 2 and it worked perfectly.
    I am grateful to all for your help, you guys have a friend in Belize anytime you want to come and get sunburned.....

Again thank you all very much.......

Post Likes

(Looks like i posted in another thread by accident)

-I would verify that the new HPCO is really opening (possibly ‘blipping’)and not something else going on in that control circuit (sorry havent looked at the wiring diagram yet)
    -I would disconnect new sw,jumper the connector (if its a n/c switch) and put my fluke 16 with clips on the new HPCO,and use the ‘momentary open or short’ feature on my fluke16 while I started the compressor with a discharge gauge in front of me and my helper at the main toggle switch for emerg.
    -if it doesnt open then i would start digging in.
    *but thats me and this is not an advisement*

Post Likes
    ‘Momentary-open’ for this case

Post Likes

If the hpco sw does open,yet psi is low…idk…maybe a liquid hydraulic pulse (oil or liquid ref),just guessing now.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1148.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	366.3 KB 
ID:	837155

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in