Thread: Bryant Preferred vs. Goodman equipment.

Post Likes

Bryant Preferred vs. Goodman equipment.

We have 2 very good installers in our area, each who has submitted their proposal. To my uneducated eye the equipment seems comparable - with one exception - and since they are very close in price I greatly appreciate any thoughts, based on your experience, of one vs the other.

A/C - Goodman GSX16 vs Bryant Preferred 126B. Same SEER/EER, parts warranty, single speed, sound dB.

Gas furnace - Goodman GMEC Multispeed vs. Bryant Preferred 926TB. Same BTUs, AFUE, parts warranty. The Bryant is a VARIABLE speed.

Coil - Goodman CAPFA 3626B6 AlumaFin7 vs. Bryant Preferred CNPVP . Each with similar warranty.

Thank you for your interest and comments.

Post Likes
    Equipment brand is nothing compared to the technicians doing the setup and install.

Goodman makes comparable equipment to the ICP (Bryant/carrier/comfort maker/etc) the 16SEER equipment has better features from the run of the mill 14 stuff.
    I like Goodman’s other line, Amana due to the increased warranty over the Goodman line. (Lifetime vs. 10 years)
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    Is anyone else having any issues getting 16 seer equipment from Diakin/Goodman? We odered a 16 seer 5-ton for a job last week and they sent me this "Please note that the Jersey Village branch DOES NOT have the condenser in stock to fulfill this order. All branches are out of stock. DTTP stopped production on these units in June and will not be starting production on the new units until end of August or beginning of September. Would you like to change the condenser from 16-seer to 14-seer? Please note that I only have 6 in stock as of the writing of this email. Please decide quickly before they’re all sold. – Thank you!"
    And, I live 5 miles from Diakin's Mfg. plant or their small city in Waller, Tx.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    The Goodman manufacturers warranty is a tad better than the Bryant, if HX fails in 1st 10 years you get a new furnace along with the limited lifetime HX warranty and 10 years parts like the Bryant. If you wanted the variable speed blower on the Goodman have them bid one.

Rebates come into play on the furnaces and if you can prove 16 SEER chances your state has money in your pocket rebates. You don’t go by the rating of the outdoor unit alone to get SEER and EER, matching to the indoor section gives you the ratings. Ask them for the AHRI number, if they are bidding matched systems to see what the ratings are. Enter number at this site. If they can’t

https://www.ahridirectory.org/

If they bid AHRI systems for the Goodman, chances they would need to install a field install TXV as the CAPF you reference comes with a piston metering device, so if you go with that system make sure you tell them that. It will typically say +TXV after the model number of the Goodman.

Hopefully they do some type of start up report on your new system such as this

https://www.energystar.gov/sites/def...0_Rev%2011.pdf

Make sure to register each piece of equipment including the indoor coil as manufacturers warranty decreases if system never gets registered.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Is anyone else having any issues getting 16 seer equipment from Diakin/Goodman? We odered a 16 seer 5-ton for a job last week and they sent me this "Please note that the Jersey Village branch DOES NOT have the condenser in stock to fulfill this order. All branches are out of stock. DTTP stopped production on these units in June and will not be starting production on the new units until end of August or beginning of September. Would you like to change the condenser from 16-seer to 14-seer? Please note that I only have 6 in stock as of the writing of this email. Please decide quickly before they’re all sold. – Thank you!"
    And, I live 5 miles from Diakin's Mfg. plant or their small city in Waller, Tx.
    Have you checked for Amana stock? It’s a higher price, but it has a better warranty.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    Have you checked for Amana stock? It’s a higher price, but it has a better warranty.
    We had already quoted this job, and placed our order in will call, then I received the email. The counter girl did send me a separate email apologizing, said she was new. The customer still has a working system, so we are in the process of working it all out. We don't normally sell Goodman, but this is what the customer requested. I guess in today's world, maybe it's best to see if the equipment is available before quoting a job, we just took it for granted they had the equipment. When our Ruud distributor begins to get low on anything equipment or refrigerant wise, they send us an email fairly quickly. Sad thing is, no one likes to be quoted a job price, regardless of the trade, and you have to come back with a higher quote, I don't think we've ever done this, because if it was our mistake we just eat it. I'm guessing Diakin/Amana/Goodman is gearing up for the R32, I'm not sure.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill