Thread: CCT 14 Issue

Post Likes

CCT 14 Issue

Is anyone else having issues pulling data from devices in CCT 14? I've tried all release modes.

I select the device (VAV, FEC, etc.), I get to the final screen before the download starts but the page stays blank and the "done," button isn't usable.

This is happening via passthru & MAP connections.

I've tried it one 2 different laptops and cannot figure out why. I am opening CCT as admin. I've attached screenshots of the pages.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richdee23 View Post
    Is anyone else having issues pulling data from devices in CCT 14? I've tried all release modes.

I select the device (VAV, FEC, etc.), I get to the final screen before the download starts but the page stays blank and the "done," button isn't usable.

This is happening via passthru & MAP connections.

I've tried it one 2 different laptops and cannot figure out why. I am opening CCT as admin. I've attached screenshots of the pages.

You cannot open a FEC controller when using CCT 14 or CCT 15 Unless you have the license for the files which Johnson is not just handing that license out unless you are are the Johnson Factory or a Johnson Controls ABCS. ( Still Factory Johnson Contractors )

"We" non Johnson Factory Contractors are not called ABCS but instead ASI and now from what I understand no more naming,lol.

When Johnson originally put PCT and CCT together in CCT 13, they had an oops mistake that allowed us contractors to access both FEC and PCG Controllers. They fixed that mistake with CCT 14 and higher.

If you still have the CCT 13 license then delete any CCT 14 and reinstall CCT 13 on one of your laptops you have and you can still use it for the FEC controllers. Only downfall is that laptop will only be good for FEC and PCG controllers but I dont think you can use it with the new CGM Controllers.

Or,

If you have another laptop and have the CCT 10.3 software and are accessing only FEC 1611/2611 or FAC controllers version 6 then that should work for now.
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    When Johnson originally put PCT and CCT together in CCT 13, they had an oops mistake that allowed us contractors to access both FEC and PCG Controllers. They fixed that mistake with CCT 14 and higher.

I really wonder if it was a mistake or not? Possibly deliberate but then realized they could make more money.

If you still have the CCT 13 license then delete any CCT 14 and reinstall CCT 13 on one of your laptops you have and you can still use it for the FEC controllers. Only downfall is that laptop will only be good for FEC and PCG controllers but I dont think you can use it with the new CGM Controllers.

It will work with the CGMs at 8.0 main/boot. You cannot have cut 14 field packages in there either. Any 9.0 field packages have to Be deleted.

If you have another laptop and have the CCT 10.3 software and are accessing only FEC 1611/2611 or FAC controllers version 6 then that should work for now.

Agreed.

Yet another reason to have VMs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes

"It will work with the CGMs at 8.0 main/boot. You cannot have cut 14 field packages in there either. Any 9.0 field packages have to Be deleted."

8.0 had many issues and our vendor was getting upset at us returning CGM's that either bricked or changed their address on their own. This only happened when converting them to N2 applications
    I would not recommend that.
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    Thank you. I do have a CCT 13 license but now I cant find my install file. If anyone does have it can it be sent to my email in my bio?

Thank you

Post Likes
    Also, Is there any way CCT 13 & CCT 14 can exist on one PC? My Site has both CGM & Older controllers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richdee23 View Post
    Also, Is there any way CCT 13 & CCT 14 can exist on one PC? My Site has both CGM & Older controllers.
    AFAIK you can only have one version on the PC/laptop. Recently went thru this as we had to tech out some existing bacnet VMA's for a customer. Instead of removing the v14 install on the tech's laptop, we just licensed another laptop to be dedicated to v13.

Keep in mind with v13/14, the license is locked to the PC/Laptop. So can't use the license on another PC/Laptop. The System ID is attached to the PC, which is generated with the Software Manager. You need to installed the software first, then the System ID is generated for the license. Similar to way HostID's work with Tridium Supervisors.

The license does not care about the version you are installing, only the device it is being installed on. A v14 license will work for a v13 license as long as on the same PC with the same System ID. On our dedicated v13 laptop as it was a new license we could only purchase a v14, but it worked on the v13 install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"