Thread: How local installer treats manufacturer’s labor warranty vs. their own warranty?

Post Likes

How local installer treats manufacturer’s labor warranty vs. their own warranty?

Considering a manufacturer who offers their own extended labor warranty. The installer also offers an extended labor warranty at a comparable price. I’ve been advised here the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty (in case the installer goes out of business). Wondering if there is any difference in how the installer treats each. Are they as conscientious of the manufacturer’s warranty as they would be of their own? The other proposal I’m considering uses a 3rd party extended labor warranty, which I’ve previous had a less than positive experience with (I’m sure there is a spectrum of quality with these). Thank you in advance & I appreciate your interest.

Post Likes
    If you're buying an extended labor warranty then it's a pretty good bet that you're better off going with the manufacturer's warranty.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

3. Likes pacnw, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thinking if your purchase one from the Installing Contractor and your not happy with their troubleshooting skills and what not, down the road your stuck with them, thinking going with a manufacturer backed extended labor warranty, if your not satisfied with the Installing Contractor you can find another Contractor that participates in the extended labor warranty policy. Course that may/may not be easier said than done. Something to check into to verify.

5. Likes pacnw, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Manufacturer usually has service requirements to keep the warranty valid. Good thing in my opinion.

If you mean home warranty when you say third party, they are a joke!!!! It is insurance and meant to make them money, not pay out.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

7. Likes R600a liked this post.