Thread: FEC map device

Post Likes

FEC map device

Hi,

Iím currently trying to access a FEC that is on a N2 network via my MAP device. Iíve plugged it into the Sensor port and even disconnected the FC Bus however when I try to load the application in CCT 10.2 I get this error:

ďPlease select a different device, or a different
    connection point to access this device.ď

Is there any way I can get around this?
    I can see the values in mapgwy but I need to access the device in CCT. All my settings in CCT match the ones on mapgwy.

Thank you.

Post Likes
    I've had CCT act like this on me as well. CCT is a horribly coded program. I would try 2 things, reboot the FEC and try again. If not, try switching release versions in CCT and try connecting, it will probably fail, than try connecting again after switching back to the right version.

Post Likes
    I tried the reboot on the FEC and also switching around versions but same. Another tech plugged his bluetooth cvt in and worked instantly... wonder why

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richdee23 View Post
    I tried the reboot on the FEC and also switching around versions but same. Another tech plugged his bluetooth cvt in and worked instantly... wonder why
    Because the MAP Tool is a heap of steaming Poop. I have such disgust and disdain for that overpriced POS I could go on forever. I recently use mine as a router only, and donít even attempt a Wifi connection. It worked better than anything I tried in the past. Until recently I canít use it at all. No web page access no CCT access and my level of care has run out with it. I have a massive amount of time screwing with them, and theyíre just garbage for the most part. I really have zero use for it most of the time. I use the BTCVT when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes richdee23 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richdee23 View Post
    Hi,

I’m currently trying to access a FEC that is on a N2 network via my MAP device. I’ve plugged it into the Sensor port and even disconnected the FC Bus however when I try to load the application in CCT 10.2 I get this error:

“Please select a different device, or a different
    connection point to access this device.“

Is there any way I can get around this?
    I can see the values in mapgwy but I need to access the device in CCT. All my settings in CCT match the ones on mapgwy.

Thank you.
    The map tool isn't the greatest JCI came out with.
    The Map tool has had multiple issues throughout the years. The latest update seems be work a lot better.
    Version MAP 5.0.2.13 is what you should have updated to. What version are you at?
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpilot View Post
    The map tool isn't the greatest JCI came out with.
    I'll say. Must be a hundred posts here on that thing not working.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    I'll say. Must be a hundred posts here on that thing not working.
    Richdee23 just posted another question for the same issue. I think I see what might be the problem is now,lol.

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/2241674-CCT-14-Issue
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    Yeah Iíve been updating the things since the beginning. Iím at the latest supposed fix. Iíve never had reliability with any WiFi connections. Iíve used external adapters, internal ones, different laptops. Just garbage when it comes to connectivity in my opinion. If and when I was able to get it to work commissioning speeds are horrible. Override an output hear it turn on and software is spinning around acting like nothing happened. Just crap for real time commissioning. There is something very repeatable with commissioning speed on about every site Iím on. Disconnect the FCbus and it immediately speeds up. Lol thatís helpful. decided to just use it as a router. Set it statically and saw better results than anything Iíd done in the past. Until last week now I have no connectivity to the web page, or in CCT. I honestly donít spend one second while on the job trying to figure out issues anymore. Just grab my BTCVT and go to work. Hey JCI why doesnít the map have Bluetooth also? You know like any cell phone on the market? The thing is a fail, and a waste of time. When it works I do like the commissioning features, and some of the map functionality. Honestly if JCI wanted to do right here, a cost effective replacement program to something that works would be a good start. Saw one rumor that a new device was in the works? Anyone in the know hear anything about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I heard the new device is due soon. Hopefully bluetooth & wifi so i can hotspot at the same time.