Thread: Looking for a Copy of Carrier ComfortVIEW 3.2

Post Likes

Looking for a Copy of Carrier ComfortVIEW 3.2

Migrated a win 2000 machine to a VM, but getting errors with some of the programs services. Software key is good and working in VM, but I am trying to perform a clean install. Our install disk has delaminated and no longer usable. We use this software solely for legacy equipment. If our Sentinel key will work with other versions, I'll take anything!

Thank you!

Post Likes
    I sent you a PM

Post Likes
    Hopefully hvac69 can hook ya up, I would have to dig to find a copy. As long as you have a v3+ usb key (purple or brown) you will be fine with any v3+ install. They moved away from the parallel port key with v3+

It may not be services issue, but services have always been an issue with CView. More so for the service laptop, but once you setup the main user interface, it worked.

Attached is a chart I have, it shows the supported versions of Cview & Cworks on Windows versions in addition to the database type. It does depend what the version you are running and the database type. Some of these cannot be a new installation, but upgraded. Not sure the version of your previous OS and the new VM you are going to. Hopes the chart helps ya ......

Name:  cview_matrix.png
Views: 94
Size:  184.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    hvac69 has a copy of 3.0, but I am hoping someone has a version of 3.2 unless I can be convinced the downgrade will not cause any issues. I am using a VM running xp pro sp3. The key I am using is a Safenet Sentinel. Not sure what version of a key it is. It has "CVIEW 1" and what appears to be a serial number lasered onto the backside of it. Picture of the key below

Post Likes
    That is the latest key, replaced the purple ones. The CVIEW 1 inscription I believes designates a single user key, it is also on a few purple keys I have.

v3.2 used a different database than v3.0/3.1. There was a database conversion that was needed when upgrading a v3.0/3.1 to v3.2. Don't think the process can be reversed if your current database is at v3.2.

I will take look in the office and see if we have a v3.2 disk ......

Post Likes
    I will do some more digging but I feel that's the newest version I have

Post Likes
    Thank you both VERY much!

Post Likes
    My office found a v3.1 & v3.2 disk yesterday afternoon. They wont get to me till Monday or Tuesday so I can see if they are still readable to make an image. Keep ya updated ......

Post Likes
    I really appreciate it, thank you!

Post Likes
    Sorry, our CD is a copy of the original created in 2010. It is no longer readable, it will not copy to a disk or create an ISO ......

Post Likes
    My v3.2 is not readable, but my v3.1 is ... if that helps, let me know .....

FYI .... v3.2 is still available from Carrier without having to purchase the license key again since you have that. It is an upgrade that lists about 10% of the cost of a new purchase with the key. The part number is CEPL130810-02, you can contact your local branch for pricing .....