Thread: Replacing a mechanical Tstat with a Ranco ETC on a walk in cooler. How to wire?

Post Likes

Replacing a mechanical Tstat with a Ranco ETC on a walk in cooler. How to wire?

So I want to replace the ol mechanical style thermostat with the digital Ranco ETC on your basic walk-in cooler to give customer better temp control. (and to lockout certain employees from messing with the control)

But I'm confused on how to wire it. Do I need to bring in a separate power supply? Ranco instructions do not cover this application.

Help please

Post Likes
    Guessing 120v? If so you will need a neutral not going to get much more in open forums
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

3. Likes Bob-Brr liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vettehead View Post
    So I want to replace the ol mechanical style thermostat with the digital Ranco ETC on your basic walk-in cooler to give customer better temp control. (and to lockout certain employees from messing with the control)

But I'm confused on how to wire it. Do I need to bring in a separate power supply? Ranco instructions do not cover this application.

Help please
    Located on the upper back corner, with no visible adjustment and protective lock box I dont see why it wouldn't do just as well.

I like the digital rancos but the mechanicals have proven to be reliable as well and I see plenty that never need to be touched once they are setup.