Thread: Desigo CC v.5

Post Likes

Desigo CC v.5

Hello. I'm getting started in the desigo CC software with version 5.1.3.

Despite the fact that I have been following several extensive manuals that I have found on the internet, I am having a hard time understanding certain operations such as:

- Creation of data points
    - Correct creation of a full display with page breaks.
    - I do not understand what is the functionality and difference between graphics and views

I found a basic course that teaches some notions, especially in the knowledge of the program interface, but leaves many doubts when generating a complete project where having a structure of data points, the use of iconography and associated to the data points, BACnet server, ...

My question is, is there a complete training book in which I am properly trained in all the tools that Desigo offers? and video tutorials? I have found little information about it on the internet.

Thank you very much

Post Likes
    And you won't find it either.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Really all there is, is to go to their training but you’ll still be left with missing info, then you’ll need to do the advanced, and then the integration class.. Really it is a most complex UI only that has more options and nonsense than 99.99% of people will ever need. Any point creation is done at the field panel levels, and then discovered into/displayed in Desigo.
    The help documents can at times be super helpful and other times it’s way too complex.

Graphics are graphical pages that ALL get stored into the graphics folder, views are selected graphics that a user wants to quickly have only be shown or have access to, instead of seeing 50AHUs in the AHU folder maybe they select AHUs1-10 and their VAVs, as those are the critical ones they are assigned to, instead of digging around all the graphics folders.

Not sure what you’re trying to get at with the graphics page breaks?

Post Likes
    As was mentioned already, Desigo CC is by no means a full engineering suite. It was built with the operator in mind. All Desigo CC License since 4.0 come standard with a Datamate Advanced license. Its literally Insight without the graphics. You will need a separate IP for Datamate as it uses a different BACnet driver. Desigo CC also has a pretty good engineering help section that scratches the surface of just about everything.....top right corner of Desigo CC, hit the dropdown and choose Engineering Help.

Post Likes
    In 5.1 you can create points and do most database tasks. In 6.0 you'll be able to do it all. Siemens is proprietary so their training is all closed door. Even if someone posts Siemens docs online they will be listed as sensitive and they will be found and taken down.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk