Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeywell and low voltage R to G causing stat to keep system running

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bgpianoman View Post
    Thanks Gary and all that have spent time helping. Now I know what to tell the pros (???) that come to fix it.
    Why not tell them the issue you are experiencing and let them troubleshoot and repair?

2. Likes R600a, kdean1 liked this post.
    R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    Why not tell them the issue you are experiencing and let them troubleshoot and repair?
    Yeah I find them more the homeowner tries to tell me what they think is wrong or what they think is causing the issue instead of what the symptoms are the more confused I become and the harder it is to figure out what the heck they're talking about.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

4. Likes kdean1, comfortdoc liked this post.
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Does the fan only setting actually work?
    Does the fan only setting work?
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    I get that, but seeing that I've already done that at a heavy cost I came to you to learn what to ask them and learn how this system actually works. For example almost every HVAC person I've talked to accept on this site wanted to start with running new wires to the Tstat. They just jump right to that and don't even want to run tests on the wiring. Had I not already had a basic understanding of electrical circuits unlike most other homeowners that un needed repair would have been added on top of the bill. I was able to ask them to remove the wires to the stat and see if the low voltage was present at the system or source. Had I not asked them to do that when it didn't fix it...you get the well that had to be done too BS. Knowing how to avoid the "parts cannon guys" requires the home owner to learn some knowledge. Thanks to Ask a Pro I now know Honeywell and the manufacturer were wrong. Thanks Again...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bgpianoman View Post
    I get that, but seeing that I've already done that at a heavy cost I came to you to learn what to ask them and learn how this system actually works. For example almost every HVAC person I've talked to accept on this site wanted to start with running new wires to the Tstat. They just jump right to that and don't even want to run tests on the wiring. Had I not already had a basic understanding of electrical circuits unlike most other homeowners that un needed repair would have been added on top of the bill. I was able to ask them to remove the wires to the stat and see if the low voltage was present at the system or source. Had I not asked them to do that when it didn't fix it...you get the well that had to be done too BS. Knowing how to avoid the "parts cannon guys" requires the home owner to learn some knowledge. Thanks to Ask a Pro I now know Honeywell and the manufacturer were wrong. Thanks Again...
    When you turn the AC off and turn the fan on at the thermostat does anything happen?

Post Likes
    Answered...yes. Thanks again

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12