Thread: Siemens P2 Insight Graphics Error

Post Likes

Siemens P2 Insight Graphics Error

Hi All,

I have an old legacy P2/Insight Siemens system that is displaying "Cab Error" inside black boxes where the points normally load on the graphics. I know this means a cabinet communicate failure of some sort, and have already googled a long list of items to troubleshoot. However, if I click on the black boxes, I can still access, monitor, and control the point. So, I know that network communication is still functioning. Not to mention, all the nodes currently appear latched.

So, how do wake up these graphics to stop displaying this "cab error" box? What's the trick to these old Siemens systems when they behave this way? In Schneider I would be checking graphics bindings and such. Not sure if this old Insight front end has anything similar. I appreciate any and all help.

Post Likes
    There are no bindings like Schneider Struxureware. You use the full point name in the graphics and it maps it internally. I would check/restart the InsightAsync service and see if that corrects it. A reboot of the PC/Server would also be something to try.

3. Likes bfam4t6 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks zmanvortex. I finally got permission for some reboots, and rebooting one of the panels did the trick. I'm guessing this is the rather well documented EEPROM issue. I'm hoping this client just bites the bullet and decides to upgrade this old stuff. Thanks again!

Post Likes
    Our branch has this emergency call once a week and we just go and cold start the panel. My understanding from some of the senior guys is this can happen when Insight attempts to reload the database while the FLN communication is banging back and forth. Usually if I get this call I’ll remove the FLN, coldstart the panel and wait for it to load the DB, then plug the FLN(s)

Post Likes
    I always thought this was a server-side issue, not with the controller itself.

I've seen this very frequently on a campus with all sorts of network traffic issues. A very poorly operating database. 10s of panels producing thousands of alarms daily (deadband: 0, time delay: 0)
    I thought the panels were glitching, but they were performing flawlessly when I looked more closely using the HMI

Also, what is this "well documented EEPROM issue"?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bfam4t6 View Post
    Hi All,

I have an old legacy P2/Insight Siemens system that is displaying "Cab Error" inside black boxes where the points normally load on the graphics. I know this means a cabinet communicate failure of some sort, and have already googled a long list of items to troubleshoot. However, if I click on the black boxes, I can still access, monitor, and control the point. So, I know that network communication is still functioning. Not to mention, all the nodes currently appear latched.

So, how do wake up these graphics to stop displaying this "cab error" box? What's the trick to these old Siemens systems when they behave this way? In Schneider I would be checking graphics bindings and such. Not sure if this old Insight front end has anything similar. I appreciate any and all help.
    This means that the front end isn't connected to the panel due to comms or it missing it's configuration.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk