Thread: True prep table evap fan direction

Post Likes

True prep table evap fan direction

At a customer site today who has a True TPP-93D-2 serial number 1-4798463. 115v r134-a. Poor cooling and lots of condensate. Door seals ok. Unit kept closed by customer even during a rush.

Discovered that the fan is pushing air into the evaporator. Is this design a thing for some larger prep tables?? Ive searched for an answer with no luck, but I doubt that even True would design a unit like this. (Ive only ever seen one evap with this design, and that was a 50 year old walk-in freezer.)

I just want to be sure there isnt something about the airflow distribution into the top tray section of the cooler that Im not aware of before I tell the owner that the guy before me screwed up. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Yes blowing into the evaporator.

3. Likes Bob-Brr liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Coldest air hits the pans first. Also look for sheet metal squares covering the round holes under the pans to restrict airflow in the pan section.

5. Likes trippintl0 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Airflow is critical with all these prep tables, make sure that evap fan is working at full speed, I have seen several incidences where previous servicer and manufacturers accidentally installed 220v motors, These cast iron motors will also loose their "guts" when the bearings fail. Also all ducting in air stream are needed, sweat indicates low air flow!