Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It Never Freaking Occurred to Me to Think...

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billygoat22 View Post
    put a piece wood behind the sofa leg so it wont slide to the wall and tear it up.
    While you are at it put one behind the fridge to maintain the required 2" clearance.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    They did. It's called not sanding the pipe and brazing with 15% silfoss.
    I was actually taught it was good practice to sand even if brazing… just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes R600a, pacnw, Jim5418 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    So you pulled your vac through the side port with the valve core?
    yes, except I pulled the cores from the side ports
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    speaking of appliances, range manufacturers need to get their heads screwed back on straight. every one I see has the bumpouts in a different spot in back, so evrytime you get a new stove, have to move the plug or it wont go back to wall.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

6. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    yes, except I pulled the cores from the side ports
    How do you check micron/vacuum level?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The thing I see a lot- everyone that comes to your house doesnt know where you put the house number, so dont be creative. by the front door or the mailbox, period. in the bushes, roof, out in yard I wont see in the 1 sec it takes to pass your house.

put the number on both sides your mailbox, people come from either direction. 1" number size for each 10 mph on the street speed limit. again, I'm not standing 2' from the mailbox like you were when you put the number on it.
    X2

Worst yet, nothing to be found and out in the country with no cell service so you can't even call to confirm which driveway to pull into.

Anytime this happens I make sure to mention it sternly to the customer or the wrong house occupants when it get there.
    "I think you have the wrong house."
    "If there was an address anywhere visible, I wouldn't be now would I?"

Or

"Sure would make things easier on me or an emergency vehicle if you had an address somewhere!"

And make sure the numbers on the house are able to be seen color wise, too. Black numbers on a brown house or brass numbers on a yellow house, etc.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

10. Likes R600a, billygoat22 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    commented to coworker one time, why do cans with the pop top lids say on side, can use can opener other end? why do the pop top then?

he said, people with arthritis cant work the tab, so have to use elec can opener regardless.

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    yes, I have a flashlight....

14. Likes 406Tinner liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The thing I see a lot- everyone that comes to your house doesnt know where you put the house number, so dont be creative. by the front door or the mailbox, period. in the bushes, roof, out in yard I wont see in the 1 sec it takes to pass your house.

put the number on both sides your mailbox, people come from either direction. 1" number size for each 10 mph on the street speed limit. again, I'm not standing 2' from the mailbox like you were when you put the number on it.

Thank you, I get soooo irate (is that how you spell that?) When I cannot read the gatdamn house number! Like MFers why

16. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    did that today, 306 main st, but there's a south and a north main. hardly any building numbers on main st either end. was suite c, door is on side of building that has a giant sign on front for anotjer5 business, but no indication that there any other businesses in building from front.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    How do you check micron/vacuum level?
    On a different port.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I just might be the only one who did’t already know this by now but maybe not. Go slow with drill bits when drilling think metal. I went through so many bits over the years it’s embarrassing. I just figured they only last a few holes on the tough stuff. I did always use the oil but i was always using high speed on drill. I went through 5 of my 6 drill bits working with stainless plate last year, did some google learning and finished 10 more holes with last bit.

20. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12