Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fieldpiece to make a real combustion analyser.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    After seeing many posts of combustion analyzer printouts, I am thinking if I should I leave self-incriminating proof behind that can be used against me. It is easy to tell when it is done wrong, or someone doesn't have a clue what the readings indicate.
    I saw one left on a unit where they didn’t even have the analyzer running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    After seeing many posts of combustion analyzer printouts, I am thinking if I should I leave self-incriminating proof behind that can be used against me. It is easy to tell when it is done wrong, or someone doesn't have a clue what the readings indicate.

That ain't no lie right there! After taking your class, I was thinking damn, I left proof that I didn't do my job fully LOL!

I like the fact that the Testo 300 can store up to 1000 pdf's onboard memory. That relieves me from leaving behind damning evidence.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

3. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I beta tested the entry level model and it seems real nice. I had a 2 page write up that I provided them with suggestions for improvement and general feedback. I am curious to see if they implemented several of them. I will be a buyer for sure

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    I beta tested the entry level model and it seems real nice. I had a 2 page write up that I provided them with suggestions for improvement and general feedback. I am curious to see if they implemented several of them. I will be a buyer for sure

Same here. Two employees of FP actually came and spent 2 days with myself and another "boiler tech" at our company. One was the the lead engeneer. Really nice people and very open to opinions from us dopes out in the field.

One cool feature is when off, the analyzer seals off the sensors.They say life expectancy is several years. And when they do need replacement, they will be much cheaper than the competition.

Edit: Just watched the video and saw they mentioned that.
    Last edited by Brian8383; Yesterday at 10:28 PM.

Post Likes
    It is kind of weird that a Field Piece engineer sat through my class and then quizzed me on the functions of combustion analyzers and what features I liked the most. They were supposed to send me their first prototype which they did and it didn't work at all. After that they have not talked to us. There is probably a reason they haven't sent me the new one.

There is no reason to measure draft and combustion simultaneously in the same location. Draft needs to be measured farther upstream on induced draft equipment and in a totally different location on drafthood equipment. I guess the engineer didn't pay attention to all the NCI protocols.

There are a few new analyzers on the market but it is easy to tell the manufacturers that make them don't know how to do a proper combustion test. Okay, neither do the other manufacturers that make them. Of course some think that the videos Youtube got it right. I guess when people don't know the truth they will believe any misinformation.
    They had issues with the prototype syncing the two functions of the power button which they informed us was already fixed in the new design. The power button turns the unit on and also opens the sealed chamber. Not sure if that was the issue you saw.

We got sent a finalized version about a month ago to check out. It worked flawlessly.

Post Likes
    $2600 for the better model with a printer. I think I'll stick with my Bacharach Insight, unless Jim Davis comes out and says it's the best one ever and everyone must buy it. Of course it will have to pass his 'drop' test.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    All combustion analyzers have a good purpose. The fact that most of the manufacturers that make them don't know how to use them in the field can sometimes create overkill. Fieldpiece engineer attended the NCI combustion class. Much of what they have done came from our input. Somehow they then decided our input was not ne, necessary, maybe because we have sold other brands.

There are some other new instruments on the way, from companies that have been doing it for awhile. I hear one manufacturer is offering a five year warranty on their O2 and CO sensors. I haven't had a change to use it but David has and he likes it. After our class determining what is good and what is not may change.
    captain CO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12