Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas pipe soft solder.... yeah Colombia

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
    my uncle was remolding his kitchen , he needed to move the water heater temporarily, he used sch 40 PVC for the natural gas line. the inspector didn't like that, and sent the local gas company over to red tag the house, until he replaced it with black pipe.
    I mean the sch40 pvc is technically rated for no more pressure than is on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dieseldude, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I know the gas code changes once in a while.
    I remember no close nipples. no galvanized fittings ( i think that changed in some places) no bushings.
    Drip leg required.
    I didn't know about the steel fittings. In electric conduit used outdoors have required steel for awhile.
    The NEC can be trumped in some localities, like here.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

4. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I know the gas code changes once in a while.
    I remember no close nipples. no galvanized fittings ( i think that changed in some places) no bushings.
    Drip leg required.
    I didn't know about the steel fittings. In electric conduit used outdoors have required steel for awhile.
    The NEC can be trumped in some localities, like here.
    I thought local could only enforce harsher restrictions, while manufacturers who get UL approval can do basicslly whatever they want.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    I thought local could only enforce harsher restrictions, while manufacturers who get UL approval can do basicslly whatever they want.
    Correct. A local can adopt regs that are more strict than state or National, but cannot be less.

Love how we have to run 10 wire to a 30 amp heat kit but the manu has some 16 gauge running to the strips and it’s all good….

Post Likes
    If the NEC or the IRC is adopted by each State as the jurisdictional authority but is not a legal entity. I know here the date
    of adoption is listed on line.
    I don't know exactly what a State would do if they didn't adopt it. . I know the State has eliminated entire sub-sections of both codes.
    Example NEC 230.22 eliminates several exceptions just as an example.
    The NEC and the IRC are not legal authorities like the police. They just establish codes and procedures. The enforcement is up to each State.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Correct. A local can adopt regs that are more strict than state or National, but cannot be less.

Love how we have to run 10 wire to a 30 amp heat kit but the manu has some 16 gauge running to the strips and it’s all good….

Thea's probably because the 16 ga is in free air compared to a conduit , BX, or Romex.

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12