Thread: Fieldpiece wireless temp probe connection issue

Post Likes

Confused Fieldpiece wireless temp probe connection issue

Hi everyone. I have 4 SMAN SM380V manifold sets (one at FP for repair) and a bunch of wireless temp probes. Some JL3PC and some JL3LC. I often have an issue getting the temp probes to sync to the manifold. I cannot get them to find a probe wirelessly a lot. Or they drop in and out. However, when I have Measure Quick open the app finds the probe no problem. The switches are set correctly to either Liquid or Suction. I will be in the wireless menu on the manifold for Suction or Liquid and it will say No Clamp Detected.

This is as annoying as hell. Nothing worse than standing around when your tools are not working. So much money spent on this stuff.

Any thoughts? Does Fieldpiece have any interference issues? I do commercial work in factories and stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    I have the same setup and mine works perfectly with the manifold. All the wireless probes never lose connection with the manifold. So I'm guessing your manifold has a problem. I would let FP sort it out and quit fighting it. I do have some minor problems with the new app v2.0 and going out of range and coming back in and the probes just flash until you restart the app. I know there's been at least one update since I started having that problem, and I "think" its solved, but tam not sure. I'll be using the app on monday and am hoping it's cured.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Push It View Post
    Hi everyone. I have 4 SMAN SM380V manifold sets (one at FP for repair) and a bunch of wireless temp probes. Some JL3PC and some JL3LC. I often have an issue getting the temp probes to sync to the manifold. I cannot get them to find a probe wirelessly a lot. Or they drop in and out. However, when I have Measure Quick open the app finds the probe no problem. The switches are set correctly to either Liquid or Suction. I will be in the wireless menu on the manifold for Suction or Liquid and it will say No Clamp Detected.

This is as annoying as hell. Nothing worse than standing around when your tools are not working. So much money spent on this stuff.

Any thoughts? Does Fieldpiece have any interference issues? I do commercial work in factories and stuff.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes it seems to me like if they are near a lot of electrical noise the connection gets glitchy. But it normally isnt too bad to fix that (just move things away a bit).

Do the probes act the same way on your phone?

For what its worth I had a connection issue yesterday on my big clamp that ended up being a bad connection in the battery compartment.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Yes it seems to me like if they are near a lot of electrical noise the connection gets glitchy. But it normally isnt too bad to fix that (just move things away a bit).

Do the probes act the same way on your phone?

For what its worth I had a connection issue yesterday on my big clamp that ended up being a bad connection in the battery compartment.
    No the probes do not have any issues on my phone. With Measure Quick they connect no problem.

I took them out onto the roof of the building today and while the connection to the manifold improved slightly it was not usable. I ended up using the wired clamps.

It is just frustrating. I paid the extra money for the convenience and cannot use it half the time it seems. My office is not crazy about the money I spend on these things. If I told them it hinders more then it helps, they will not be happy. I have bought 6 manifold sets over the years from Fieldpiece. And at least 6 wireless temp clamps and 3 of the air probes. I have also bought Testo but was not much of a fan. Testo was older stuff though. Might need to give them another look.

Post Likes
    A lot of people I know that tried testo got away from them because they had so many problems.

FP support is pretty responsive. Id contact them. Does everything have the latest firmware?

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    I know at least my two older manifolds have the Firmware updated. I did it the other week when I was having the same issue. I just bought another one a few weeks ago when my 3rd set needed to get sent in for a dead screen. I did not check that firmware.

I have not updated any of the probes. Not sure the pipe clamps or the air probes can be updated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Push It View Post
    I know at least my two older manifolds have the Firmware updated. I did it the other week when I was having the same issue. I just bought another one a few weeks ago when my 3rd set needed to get sent in for a dead screen. I did not check that firmware.

I have not updated any of the probes. Not sure the pipe clamps or the air probes can be updated.
    They definitely can but may not be your problem.