Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeans suggestions.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes

Jeans suggestions.

Some might not consider this a tool but I sure can't do much work without them.
    I wore faded Glory jeans from Walmart from the time I was like 10 years old up until they discontinued them just a few years ago so then I went through a bunch of different bands for a couple of years and didn't like any of them and I finally found reasonably priced comfortable jeans made by Wrangler I don't last the greatest but they're under $30 and most importantly they're comfortable even with a wallet, keys and pocket knife in my front pockets.
    Well my wife just bought me two new pairs at the beginning of the week and both of them have had catastrophic rips like crotch to belt right beside the zipper type rips.
    Any suggestions on something different to try I'm not willing to pay any more than 40. So far these Wrangler relaxed fit have been the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. They fit my girly figure particularly well.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Pull them up and wear a belt!

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsx View Post
    Pull them up and wear a belt!
    Is there any other way? They still need to be comfortable most jeans are too tight in the upper thighs for me to be able to handle them or I have to buy six waist sizes too big.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Relaxed fit levis or dickies have a little more room. I like the heavier weight denims for wear.

5. Likes STEVEusaPA, vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I cant go back to jeans after switching to cargo pants years ago. More pockets = more betterer
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

7. Likes STEVEusaPA, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I started using Wrangler carpenter jeans. They are a loose fit and I found a stretchy belt at Walmart. My belly likes the stretchy belt.

9. Likes pacnw liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I like Rural King carpenter jeans. They are about $13
    -Marty

Post Likes
    Name:  BD767CBC-82DC-4C9F-89A3-B84ABDE7B4A8.png
Views: 247
Size:  581.0 KB
    I like these Kolossus knee pad pants. They are very durable. I was happy to finally find blue ones.
    If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.
    ― John F. Kennedy

Post Likes
    I have been wearing Dickies EMT pants. They have a reinforced knee, a bunch of pockets, they are roomy, have a stretch waist with silicon strips in the back waistband to keep your shirt tucked in.

They run close to $50 or the last ones I bought did, which I have been wearing the last 3 I bought for 2 years. Usually I take them out of rotation because they are faded bad or they got pipe dope or silicone etc on them so they look tacky.

I really like the tool pockets on the leg as it makes an out of the way place for pencil/pen/marker and is handy for a small flashlight.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    Name:  BD767CBC-82DC-4C9F-89A3-B84ABDE7B4A8.png
Views: 247
Size:  581.0 KB
    I like these Kolossus knee pad pants. They are very durable. I was happy to finally find blue ones.
    They look ridiculous in that picture. Hopefully they look better on a person.
    Just Dickies or WorkNGear for me. Plenty of pockets, different sizes/thicknesses depending on job/weather.
    Jeans get super sweaty and I end up with swamp ass pretty quick...lol (TMI?)
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

14. Likes R600a, JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    I cant go back to jeans after switching to cargo pants years ago. More pockets = more betterer
    I don't like more than 5 pockets and I don't like multi tools.

16. Likes EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  2.25 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    They look ridiculous in that picture. Hopefully they look better on a person.
    Just Dickies or WorkNGear for me. Plenty of pockets, different sizes/thicknesses depending on job/weather.
    Jeans get super sweaty and I end up with swamp ass pretty quick...lol (TMI?)

Yes they get hot in the summer. I have some others that are thinner and light brown.

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  2.25 MB

Yes they get hot in the summer. I have some others that are thinner and light brown.
    Not sure Id let someone in dressed on those.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsx View Post
    Not sure I’d let someone in dressed on those.
    I do university maintenance, I have a key for everything.

21. Likes R600a, EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Roundhouse carpenter jeans are great, but a little over what you said you'll pay. They are heavy denim and made in the USA. They are $60 bucks each, but they are worth it.

23. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Riggs by wrangler. Im not sure i will go another route...

DTOM

25. Likes R600a, pacnw liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I don't like more than 5 pockets and I don't like multi tools.
    Well +1 on the riggs. My company buys my pants now but I wore riggs cargo before that. Since you dont like cargo pants you could just get the riggs that dont have those cargo pockets.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

27. Likes R600a, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Well +1 on the riggs. My company buys my pants now but I wore riggs cargo before that. Since you dont like cargo pants you could just get the riggs that dont have those cargo pockets.
    I just had my wife looked them up and she said there was five pocket jeans and they're only $44 so I'll probably try them after I recover from buying her new set of michelins on monday.

29. Likes Zamoramax, JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My wife buys me the Sonoma brand cargo pants. Yeah, I don't remember the last time I shopped for clothes LOL!

The Sonoma's are pretty comfortable with the stretch waist band so I don't have to wear a belt, not to mention my waist is smaller than my inseam. Hate belts. Yeah, I know belts make an outfit look more "put together", but if my customer can't get over the fact that I don't wear a belt, then I probably don't need them as a customer.

I wear shorts in the summer though.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

31. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    My wife buys me the Sonoma brand cargo pants. Yeah, I don't remember the last time I shopped for clothes LOL!

The Sonoma's are pretty comfortable with the stretch waist band so I don't have to wear a belt, not to mention my waist is smaller than my inseam. Hate belts. Yeah, I know belts make an outfit look more "put together", but if my customer can't get over the fact that I don't wear a belt, then I probably don't need them as a customer.

I wear shorts in the summer though.
    There was really only a year that I ever shopped for my own clothes after I moved out and before I got married. When I was a teenager I would just give my mom the money and have her pick up clothes for me because I hated shopping and then after I got married my wife took over.

33. Likes mgenius33 liked this post.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast