Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeans suggestions.

Post Likes
    Just a funny story to throw in here:

A lady in my wife's weekly coffee session said her granddaughter wanted her to move the top button on her designer jeans. So grandma took them home to work on and being a good farm wife she patched all the factory applied rips and tears on the thighs and knees etc.

Girl never had grandma sew for her again.....actually grandma knew about the designer rips, but never did approve of buying clothes with holes in them, so this was her chance to make that point.

2. Likes Juan Madera, R600a, Jim5418 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Sierra.com

Click on the clearance items.

Carhartt carpenter jeans and other styles and brands relatively cheap. Sometimes dirt cheap....

It's where I get mine!
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RLJN View Post

A lady in my wife's weekly coffee session said her granddaughter wanted her to move the top button on her designer jeans. So grandma took them home to work on and being a good farm wife she patched all the factory applied rips and tears on the thighs and knees etc.

Girl never had grandma sew for her again.....actually grandma knew about the designer rips, but never did approve of buying clothes with holes in them, so this was her chance to make that point.
    That is great! I won't even buy jeans that are not ultra dark blue. I don't want my jeans faded from the factory I view that as the first sign they might need replaced.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

5. Likes EugeneTheJeep, Nuclrchiller liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Got a couple of pairs of “fire hose pants” from Duluth Trading Co. . Little heavy for summer, good for winter and wear/tear.

7. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I've been thinking about grabbing a pair and trying them out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    That is great! I won't even buy jeans that are not ultra dark blue. I don't want my jeans faded from the factory I view that as the first sign they might need replaced.
    X2, I liked the old ones I got as a kid, deep blue, and as stiff as cardboard.

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    X2, I liked the old ones I got as a kid, deep blue, and as stiff as cardboard.
    I always liked the smell of new denim. But I liked the smell of Dad's shop and his pipe as well. Just remembered going to the general store with Mom to get new Wranglers they special ordered for a fat, short legged little boy. That was 55-60 years ago but it came back like it was only an hour ago. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! It's funny the things we remember, and the important stuff we forget!

John

12. Likes R600a, ksefan, EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnerjohn View Post
    I always liked the smell of new denim. But I liked the smell of Dad's shop and his pipe as well. Just remembered going to the general store with Mom to get new Wranglers they special ordered for a fat, short legged little boy. That was 55-60 years ago but it came back like it was only an hour ago. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! It's funny the things we remember, and the important stuff we forget!

John
    It took quite a few washes to break them in, and they lasted a lot longer.

14. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Propper dark blue Tactical tough and comfortable.

Post Likes

I always want to offer a pak of iron-on patches.

17. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    The water's not gonna clear up in Washington DC until we get the pigs out of the creek.
    Post Likes
    If I cut off old jeans and leave the bottoms cut off / ragged - I am "way out of style."

But the same fashionable women who tell me that can themselves gleefully pay $150. a pair for 'designer' jeans so ragged and ripped up that I wouldn't admit to ever wearing them - let alone paying for them. <g>

PHM
    -------

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

19. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I used to have uniform pants but they only lasted me 5 years. Ive been replacing them with Walmart Dickies. Look for the ones that have an elastic stretchy waist. Those are the most comfortable.
    Nest is POO!!

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    I used to have uniform pants but they only lasted me 5 years. Ive been replacing them with Walmart Dickies. Look for the ones that have an elastic stretchy waist. Those are the most comfortable.
    Only 5 years! I'll be happy if I can get my pants to last one year.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

22. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Only 5 years! I'll be happy if I can get my pants to last one year.
    Try to not be on your knees so much
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Try to not be on your knees so much
    Well I get some houses where you just got to drop your knees and ask what did I do wrong to get stuck working on this trash.

25. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mine get tossed after 2 summers, stains, fabric pilling, and rips. I want to look good.

27. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mine get tossed after 2 summers, stains, fabric pilling, and rips. I want to look good.

Post Likes
    First off no it's not crazy, comfort while working is a big deal. I've gone to stretch work pants for most work. I used to get lightweight pants at Sam's club, but they wore out really fast. Now I buy stretch Rural King brand carpenters pants and they are great, and cheap too. They are very comfortable, flex and stretch well and wear like iron.
    I've not seen the Kolossus pants above but I might try a pair for installs. I don't need all the for service work. I don't like side leg pockets, as it makes it hard to kneel, especially if there's anything in those pockets. I don't like flaps and velcro either. When I'm in a tight place all hot and sweaty and trying to get into a pocket with one hand velcro flaps drive me crazy, so they gotta go. The baggy open pockets are a God send when you're working.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    First off no it's not crazy, comfort while working is a big deal. I've gone to stretch work pants for most work. I used to get lightweight pants at Sam's club, but they wore out really fast. Now I buy stretch Rural King brand carpenters pants and they are great, and cheap too. They are very comfortable, flex and stretch well and wear like iron.
    I've not seen the Kolossus pants above but I might try a pair for installs. I don't need all the for service work. I don't like side leg pockets, as it makes it hard to kneel, especially if there's anything in those pockets. I don't like flaps and velcro either. When I'm in a tight place all hot and sweaty and trying to get into a pocket with one hand velcro flaps drive me crazy, so they gotta go. The baggy open pockets are a God send when you're working.
    Careful with stretch pants. Nothing worse than a molten ball of plastic sticking to your skin while on fire.

31. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Been wearing carhart carpenter pants. Tsc has them online for $40.

They are rugged and keep my legs safe of scratches and puncture for the most part.

Down side is they are hot and heavy. But I refuse to wear shorts. To many times something falls or hits my legs that it should have been a disaster, but either jeans or pants had saved my legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33. Likes R600a, EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast