Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeans suggestions.

Post Likes
    I am in a rural area so bib overalls are not frowned upon.

I have worn them for at least 30 years, almost my trademark. If I wear anything else people assume I am not working.

These are actually sized as "overalls", (qualify as protective clothing for tax purposes BTY).
    In the wintertime I wear sweats underneath.
    In warm weather there is plenty of air circulation inside.

All cotton and will not melt into your skin like poly if burned, ask me how I know this for a fact.

No "plumber's butt" and if wearing a tool belt it is not fighting with pants belt.

For $29 a pair, you get a lot of denim.
    The bib protects your shirt from damage.

Plenty of pockets.

Other trades might mock me a little looking so "farmish"....but I make twice per hour that most of them do.

I have seen union pipefitters doing fire sprinkler systems here wearing them also.

2. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Flex wear Cargo Shorts ....

Im not wearing pants ....you trying to kill me ?
    Tell your Cat I said "Psst Psst Psst"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Flex wear Cargo Shorts ....

Im not wearing pants ....you trying to kill me ?
    NICE!

I guess that's why my wife won't let me shop for myself
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

5. Likes Snapperhead, BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    Attachment 836556

Yes they get hot in the summer. I have some others that are thinner and light brown.
    CAT makes a similar pair.

The top black pockets actually go inside the "normal" top pockets and can be pulled out, as shown, if desired.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    They look ridiculous in that picture. Hopefully they look better on a person.
    Just Dickies or WorkNGear for me. Plenty of pockets, different sizes/thicknesses depending on job/weather.
    Jeans get super sweaty and I end up with swamp ass pretty quick...lol (TMI?)
    Yep -TMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Zamoramax, BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If it's good jeans you want....
    Wrangler 13mwz.
    The original Jean, same as when they first started making them.
    Gonna be more money than at Walmart, but I get over a year out of a pair using them for work.
    Ps don't buy wrangler jeans at Walmart. They will be garbage

Post Likes
    I was totally wrong. My new ones are Levi’s They are lighter weight than the ones I used to get way back but they are not as hot, fit well and are not very expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RLJN View Post
    I am in a rural area so bib overalls are not frowned upon.

I have worn them for at least 30 years, almost my trademark. If I wear anything else people assume I am not working.

These are actually sized as "overalls", (qualify as protective clothing for tax purposes BTY).
    In the wintertime I wear sweats underneath.
    In warm weather there is plenty of air circulation inside.

All cotton and will not melt into your skin like poly if burned, ask me how I know this for a fact.

No "plumber's butt" and if wearing a tool belt it is not fighting with pants belt.

For $29 a pair, you get a lot of denim.
    The bib protects your shirt from damage.

Plenty of pockets.

Other trades might mock me a little looking so "farmish"....but I make twice per hour that most of them do.

I have seen union pipefitters doing fire sprinkler systems here wearing them also.
    Back years ago I did a lot of gas piping. I wore bibs whenever doing piping work. protected my shirt from oil grease and dirt.... I just loved em for piping.

I wear uniform pants now.... and wear them working around the house on projects too..... got tons of them from over the years. Cold in the winter.... but thermals take care of that.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    My wife does all my shopping too. If it weren't for her I'd still be wearing graphic tees from 2005. As far as work pants, I've yet to find a pair where the knees don't rip out after 6 months. I guess by then they are covered in stains anyway. Lately I've been wearing Carhartt Rugged Flex work pants. Super comfortable but same issue with knees.

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    For work pants I've been buying carpenters pants and bib overalls from Aramark (used to be WearGuard). Every so often they have them on sale. Their pants and coats have been affordable and last. My "Sunday go to meeting" pants are Levi, had them several years so I don't know if their quality has changed. It was a lot nicer back when Levi's and Carhatt's were work clothes. Just like pickup trucks, they were a lot cheaper!

John

15. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    The water's not gonna clear up in Washington DC until we get the pigs out of the creek.
    Post Likes
    I used to order all my blue and black jeans from L. L. Bean. One time I was in a Sams Club idling around waiting for 'shopping as a sporting-event to get over with' and I saw a table piled with blue jeans. They looked exactly like what I was paying L. L. Bean a fortune for and they were maybe $10-12 a pair. I bought five pairs and at home sliced the inside tag in half with scissors - so I could easily tell which were Bean and which were Sams. I order five new pairs from Bean and when they arrived I only wore those ten pairs - alternating every day.

After a year or so there was zero difference between the Beans and the Sams. They wore, looked, and felt exactly the same - despite the Sams costing only 25% of what the Beans cost. The Sams version said something like Member's Mark on them - which always reminded me of Maker's Mark. <g> After that I never bought anything but Sams Club jeans.

But I think Sams stopped carrying them now - I haven't seen them in a while. I think they have wranglers or something else but I have yet to try them. So far it hasn't been a problem as I am sure I probably still have jeans from being married. <g>

Prior to creating my second ex-wife I was packing to leave and I started with washing and drying 'the carpet of clothes' in the house. I kept packing blue jeans and packing blue jeans and packing blue jeans - I was stacking the boxes near the front door. At some point I glanced over at the boxes and realized there was about a dozen sealed boxes and I was Still folding and packing blue jeans.

So I unpacked them all and counted them as I repacked them. I stopped at 60 pairs and said eff this! - I'm leaving the rest! I'm as crazy as she is! Everything was like that too - apparently every time I complained that I had no clean clothes to wear she just went to the store and bought more. It was a big house, I had built a laundry room with two washers and three dryers in it, and it was hard to find a spot where the carpet wasn't covered in clothes.

That's a funny thought - next week I'll be back there in NJ as I have to go to Maine the next weekend - so I'll see what remains of that madness. Some of those still-boxed jeans might be a 32 waist though - a while ago I gave up and came to grips with the reality that no amount of crunches was ever going to do it and started wearing a 34 waist. <g>

Wow! Maybe it's just a local shortage? Or covid! related maybe? Because I just looked at the Sams Club website and they have Members Mark in relaxed fit for $13. a pair. If you don't have a membership I can order some and have them shipped to you. You can just Zelle the me the money or something. I always suspected that the Members Mark brand was just re-badged Wrangler anyway. Want to try out the Sams version?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Some might not consider this a tool but I sure can't do much work without them.
    I wore faded Glory jeans from Walmart from the time I was like 10 years old up until they discontinued them just a few years ago so then I went through a bunch of different bands for a couple of years and didn't like any of them and I finally found reasonably priced comfortable jeans made by Wrangler I don't last the greatest but they're under $30 and most importantly they're comfortable even with a wallet, keys and pocket knife in my front pockets.
    Well my wife just bought me two new pairs at the beginning of the week and both of them have had catastrophic rips like crotch to belt right beside the zipper type rips.
    Any suggestions on something different to try I'm not willing to pay any more than 40. So far these Wrangler relaxed fit have been the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. They fit my girly figure particularly well.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I used to order all my blue and black jeans from L. L. Bean. One time I was in a Sams Club idling around waiting for 'shopping as a sporting-event to get over with' and I saw a table piled with blue jeans. They looked exactly like what I was paying L. L. Bean a fortune for and they were maybe $10-12 a pair. I bought five pairs and at home sliced the inside tag in half with scissors - so I could easily tell which were Bean and which were Sams. I order five new pairs from Bean and when they arrived I only wore those ten pairs - alternating every day.

After a year or so there was zero difference between the Beans and the Sams. They wore, looked, and felt exactly the same - despite the Sams costing only 25% of what the Beans cost. The Sams version said something like Member's Mark on them - which always reminded me of Maker's Mark. <g> After that I never bought anything but Sams Club jeans.

But I think Sams stopped carrying them now - I haven't seen them in a while. I think they have wranglers or something else but I have yet to try them. So far it hasn't been a problem as I am sure I probably still have jeans from being married. <g>

Prior to creating my second ex-wife I was packing to leave and I started with washing and drying 'the carpet of clothes' in the house. I kept packing blue jeans and packing blue jeans and packing blue jeans - I was stacking the boxes near the front door. At some point I glanced over at the boxes and realized there was about a dozen sealed boxes and I was Still folding and packing blue jeans.

So I unpacked them all and counted them as I repacked them. I stopped at 60 pairs and said eff this! - I'm leaving the rest! I'm as crazy as she is! Everything was like that too - apparently every time I complained that I had no clean clothes to wear she just went to the store and bought more. It was a big house, I had built a laundry room with two washers and three dryers in it, and it was hard to find a spot where the carpet wasn't covered in clothes.

That's a funny thought - next week I'll be back there in NJ as I have to go to Maine the next weekend - so I'll see what remains of that madness. Some of those still-boxed jeans might be a 32 waist though - a while ago I gave up and came to grips with the reality that no amount of crunches was ever going to do it and started wearing a 34 waist. <g>

Wow! Maybe it's just a local shortage? Or covid! related maybe? Because I just looked at the Sams Club website and they have Members Mark in relaxed fit for $13. a pair. If you don't have a membership I can order some and have them shipped to you. You can just Zelle the me the money or something. I always suspected that the Members Mark brand was just re-badged Wrangler anyway. Want to try out the Sams version?

PHM
    -------
    I actually do have a Costco membership I'll have to have my wife get me a pair so I can see if I like them.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    The water's not gonna clear up in Washington DC until we get the pigs out of the creek.
    Post Likes
    I could live with the pants - but damn! Clean and Shoe Cream those boots!

I'm not sure I'll ever get that image out of my head. <g>

Look here -

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shoe+crea...-deeppltr_1_10

Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    Attachment 836556

Yes they get hot in the summer. I have some others that are thinner and light brown.
    PHM
    --------

19. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    60+ pairs!! Thought I was getting obsessive @ 12. Still have to be stored somewhere….

21. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I actually do have a Costco membership I'll have to have my wife get me a pair so I can see if I like them.
    My brain isn't working. I read sam's club as Costco.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    60 pairs was just what I Took - I probably left at least as many pairs there. It was madness. Everything was like that. She used to make enough food for 8 people and after dinner she would throw it all away. I had no idea until one night I was prowling for left-overs myself - normally I would have just asked her for something eat - and found nothing in the refrigerator. Where's all the ________ ?

What?

What we had for dinner?

What do you want that for?

I'm hungry.

I'll make you something.

You made enough food for a banquet - I just eat that. (it had been a massive bowl of shrimp alfredo)

That's gone - I'll make you something?

You ate it all??? No wonder if you can't lost any weight!

I didn't eat it!

Then where is it?

I threw it in the trash.

WHAT??? WHY???

What else could I do with it?

Well, you could have given it to me for dinner for the next week or so - that might work.

I would never serve You left-overs!

Why the hell not?

Who eats left-overs? I'll make you something - whatever you want. I don't mind.

You do know I pay for this stuff, right? DO NOT THROW ANY food in the trash ever again!!!

More questioning revealed that her Italian father had always refused to eat left-overs.

I should have put an icepick into her heart and wiggled the tip - but I must have been as crazy as she was back then.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by ehsx View Post
    60+ pairs!! Thought I was getting obsessive @ 12. Still have to be stored somewhere….
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I could live with the pants - but damn! Clean and Shoe Cream those boots!

I'm not sure I'll ever get that image out of my head. <g>

Look here -

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shoe+crea...-deeppltr_1_10
    Man, you brought back a memory there.

Dad used to wear black boots. He would have me clean and polish them when I was a kid, one of my "chores" around the house. I used to love to see the shine on them when I was done.

Post Likes
    From my favorite test lab.

Post Likes
    Is there any other way? They still need to be comfortable most jeans are too tight in the upper thighs for me to be able to handle them or I have to buy six waist sizes too big.
    My Carharts are pretty baggy. I wear the Carharts in the winter, and in the summer a Red Kap Uniform.
    The uniforms have it all over jeans for summer comfort. You can move easier, they dry very quickly from rain or sweat. Only thing is you don't look cool in them, but I don't care.

Post Likes
    Dickies 874 originals. Comfy, dry fast, look professional, durable.

28. Likes EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast