Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Anyone try the NAVAC vcrt's?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    5,558
    Post Likes

    Anyone try the NAVAC vcrt's?

    They look pretty decent and are supposedly rated for 20 microns.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,186
    Post Likes
    I just looked em up…idk…

    Seem too expensive. Yes they do 5/16 as well but that’s added length to the tool. There are plenty of times I can barely fit an appion. Also is the handle plastic? It really bothers me to have a plastic handle on a metal valve. Just hate the feel of it every time I touch it lol.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    533
    Post Likes
    i don't have any NAVAC tools yet, but they do look pretty good. I was the same way about Hilmor, but I have a few tools from them and like them very much, so maybe NAVAC is just as good.

  4. #4
    R600a's Avatar
    R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Posts
    22,194
    Post Likes
    I have their mini tubing cutter and the quality is phenomenal. Of course I'm only made two cuts with it but it was the sharpest quickest cuts with the least compression I've ever seen.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

  5. #5
    R600a's Avatar
    R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Posts
    22,194
    Post Likes
    I wouldn't be surprised if that handle is actually aluminum.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    5,558
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    I just looked em up…idk…

    Seem too expensive. Yes they do 5/16 as well but that’s added length to the tool. There are plenty of times I can barely fit an appion. Also is the handle plastic? It really bothers me to have a plastic handle on a metal valve. Just hate the feel of it every time I touch it lol.
    They were $56.93 each at the Carrier supply house. Picked up 2 of 'em.

    Yes the ball valve handle appears to be aluminum.
    Last edited by mgenius33; 07-22-2022 at 05:44 PM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

  7. Likes R600a liked this post.
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,186
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    They were $56.93 each at the Carrier supply house. Picked up 2 of 'em.

    Yes the ball valve handle appears to be aluminum.
    That’s pretty good price. Saw like $80 online. What’s the overall quality like? And what’s the stem like that grabs the cores?
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

  9. Likes R600a liked this post.
  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    5,558
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    That’s pretty good price. Saw like $80 online. What’s the overall quality like? And what’s the stem like that grabs the cores?
    The stem is stainless, I think decent quality because it's non-ferrous. Core grabber tip looks pretty good, but to be honest I haven't used them yet. The last couple vacuums with the Appions were a bit wonky so, I'm thinking they're up to old tricks again, not sure. I'm going to test them this weekend to see if there leaking.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,186
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    The stem is stainless, I think decent quality because it's non-ferrous. Core grabber tip looks pretty good, but to be honest I haven't used them yet. The last couple vacuums with the Appions were a bit wonky so, I'm thinking they're up to old tricks again, not sure. I'm going to test them this weekend to see if there leaking.
    Nice! Definitely following the thread!
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

  12. Likes R600a liked this post.
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Dayton Oh
    Posts
    5,267
    Post Likes
    I got 3 appion vcrt that need rebuild…… 2 are only a year old… kinda annoyed

    Let me know if the navac work out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,843
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    The stem is stainless, I think decent quality because it's non-ferrous. Core grabber tip looks pretty good, but to be honest I haven't used them yet. The last couple vacuums with the Appions were a bit wonky so, I'm thinking they're up to old tricks again, not sure. I'm going to test them this weekend to see if there leaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    I got 3 appion vcrt that need rebuild…… 2 are only a year old… kinda annoyed

    Let me know if the navac work out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been less than thrilled with the latest quality of the Appion vcrt, from redesign of the grabber that does not work 95% of the time to the "failure" to hold/allow vacuum in a short time from new and high cost to rebuild/pain in the a$$ to do, I am definitely looking to go another direction!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

  15. #12
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    533
    Post Likes
    I have had some problems with Appion, so I bought a pair of AccuTools vcrts and so far I love them. I wanna glue some magnets on the stems and they'll be perfect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •