Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rheem vs Ruud

Post Likes

Rheem vs Ruud

What's the difference between Rheem and Ruud, we were quoted for Rheem systems - two stage furnace and Acs - Prestige series R96V furnace and RA17, but now getting Ruud system installed Ultra U96V and Achiever's Choice UA17.

Post Likes
    The name
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

3. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    heem versus uud.
    Oh yeah and a possible slight difference in the cabinet color.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The name
    The unit pictures look different. Why sell the same product under two different names, it’s so confusing. Usually companies sell products under different name that do exactly the same thing but usually they’re priced differently. One is premium and one is economic.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    heem versus uud.
    Oh yeah and a possible slight difference in the cabinet color.
    Thanks! I found a bunch of posts that say they’re exactly the same unit. Do they also sell stickers so I can swap them out? Don’t want units that are rude.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by boueguy19 View Post
    The unit pictures look different. Why sell the same product under two different names, it’s so confusing. Usually companies sell products under different name that do exactly the same thing but usually they’re priced differently. One is premium and one is economic.
    The are one in the same company
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    For example Google sells two phones Pixel and Pixel Pro, pixel pro is better product at higher cost. Same as iPhone vs iPhone Pro.

Post Likes
    Compete with themselves.

DTOM

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My guess on this is once upon a time Vendors made agreements with contractors. We will let you be the only Carrier dealer in this area. Then they could have a different Bryant Dealer and lots of Heil, Comfort maker and other dealers. Trane and American Standard are the same price for us (same supply house to get them) Same for Bryant and Carrier. Rheem supplier is across the street from Ruud Dealer. I kinda think its like why we had Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevy. We could Look at Chevy and GMC at one place but had to go across the street to look at the Oldsmobiles and Pontiac’s.

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for your insights. I understand historic perspective and dealer network dynamics. In your automobile example, the cars are different product even if theyÂ’re made by the same company. Engine is different, body is different. Each model/line appeals to certain consumer.

But in case of Rheem and Ruud, seems like they are selling the same exact product potentially at the same price but with different name.

Post Likes
    Yeah essentially they are cannibalizing their own product sales with two different brand names. But in my case, the confusion real. I don’t want Ruud I want Rheem and that’s whT I agreed to.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim5418 View Post
    My guess on this is once upon a time Vendors made agreements with contractors. We will let you be the only Carrier dealer in this area. Then they could have a different Bryant Dealer and lots of Heil, Comfort maker and other dealers. Trane and American Standard are the same price for us (same supply house to get them) Same for Bryant and Carrier. Rheem supplier is across the street from Rude Dealer. I kinda think its like why we had Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevy. We could Look at Chevy and GMC at one place but had to go across the street to look at the Oldsmobiles and Pontiac’s.
    For all intents and purposes a gmc and chevy are the same truck. If I was needing a ¾ ton I only have 4 manufacturers to choose from. ½ of them are the parent company.

DTOM

Post Likes
    Yes and no about the cars. Why would they want to compete against themselves with caliber vs sunfire or firebird or camaro. Their is no difference in American standard and Trane on the inside. Same for Carrier Bryant.

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for your insights. I understand historic perspective and dealer network dynamics. In your automobile example, the cars are different product even if theyÂ’re made by the same company. Engine is different, body is different. Each model/line appeals to certain consumer.

But in case of Rheem and Ruud, seems like they are selling the same exact product potentially at the same price but with different name.
    These can be differences in the included features and available efficiency ranges.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim5418 View Post
    Yes and no about the cars. Why would they want to compete against themselves with caliber vs sunfire or firebird or camaro. Their is no difference in American standard and Trane on the inside. Same for Carrier Bryant.
    Yeah I agree and someone above posted supplier charge the same price for two different brand name units if they’re exactly the same.

Post Likes
    Yeah essentially they are cannibalizing their own product sales with two different brand names. But in my case, the confusion real. I don’t want Ruud I want Rheem and that’s whT I agreed to.
    I prefer rudd or Weatherking because that's my preferred distributor.
    If I remember correctly I have pulled the badges off a Rheem and it had a Rudd sticker under it.

Post Likes
    Yeah that’s what I thought and it was my initial reaction. There is got to be some difference in features and efficiency. But looks like there no functional differences at all. Which is what throwing me off.

Post Likes
    Yeah that’s what I thought and it was my initial reaction. There is got to be some difference in features and efficiency. But looks like there no functional differences at all. Which is what throwing me off.
    For example with some brands I'm not positive about rudd the big name brand which would be rheem may be available in 17 seer or higher whereas the ruud may not be.
    Another difference could be high and low pressure switches but as far as I know there isn't that difference on rheem and ruud like some brands.

Post Likes
    When I used to Buy ICP they would have a couple different tags included. Can’t remember, Comfortmaker and Aircoaire I think.

23. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom. It gives me some comfort and peace of mind.

25. Likes R600a liked this post.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast