Thread: Heads Up: Over 600 Psi Fiedlpiece Probes will leak

Post Likes

Heads Up: Over 600 Psi Fiedlpiece Probes will leak

Testing a Trane hi head pressure switch rated at 610 Psi and that was it for my Fieldpiece pressure probe. $125 down the drain....
    Fieldpiece never disappoints... and they have great customer service I hear...

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I've seen 600 + repeatedly on my fieldpiece probes with no leakage.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

3. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gentian View Post
    Testing a Trane hi head pressure switch rated at 610 Psi and that was it for my Fieldpiece pressure probe. $125 down the drain....
    Fieldpiece never disappoints... and they have great customer service I hear...
    Sounds like it needs some TLC...probably repairable. Where is it leaking from?

Sent from my hatch using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    They do say they are rated up to 800 psi.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

6. Likes JayMan7, R600a liked this post.
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I'm pretty positive I've seen pressures exceeding 650 on 410A units with really really dirty coils and no safeties whatsoever because carrier makes junk and the only thing I've ever had leak is the gaskets from over tightening them repeatedly which is a bad habit of mine.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

8. Likes ksefan, JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm there too. I've seen over 800psi once and over 600psi a handful of tomes and no leaks or damage

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Don"t use these things that often, maybe once a week at the most. They just sit in the truck in the original Fielpiece bag. Maybe just some bad luck. Could not tell where the leak was, even opened it up. At least I learned that they are made by "Chy Firemate" in Taiwan. Got another one coming in.

Post Likes
    Edit:
    The Board inside says "CHY".
    So I'm assuming they are manufactured by "CHY Firemate" in Taiwan.

Post Likes
    Don"t use these things that often, maybe once a week at the most. They just sit in the truck in the original Fielpiece bag. Maybe just some bad luck. Could not tell where the leak was, even opened it up. At least I learned that they are made by "Chy Firemate" in Taiwan. Got another one coming in.
    If you don't like them you should tell them to me at a greatly reduced price. I need a personal set.

14. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    If you don't like them you should tell them to me at a greatly reduced price. I need a personal set.
    I've thought about it many times, only use this set for AC and I don't do Ac very often. But knowing myself as soon as I get rid of them I'll regret it.

Post Likes
    I've thought about it many times, only use this set for AC and I don't do Ac very often. But knowing myself as soon as I get rid of them I'll regret it.
    I need a set for refrigeration so I don't have to borrow my bosses set. I do appliance repair on the side and I wouldn't use anything else for residential refrigerators they are amazing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I need a set for refrigeration so I don't have to borrow my bosses set. I do appliance repair on the side and I wouldn't use anything else for residential refrigerators they are amazing.
    To be honest I'm Not a big fan of Fieldpiece based on my past experiences with their previous Smans versions but as far as probes right now after my Appion
    IoT starting acting up and got discontinued I don't see that many great choices out there. CPS is Junk. I love my Yellow Jacket Titan Digital Touchscreen Manifold but their Mantooth probes have the temp probes wired and their Y-Jack temp probes are a weird contraption. Testos are not Reliable and their temp sensors are exposed to ambient . So far Fieldpiece probes have been very accurate those times I have used them. So I'll keep the Feldpiece probes for now until something better comes along.

Post Likes
    I agree the YJ Touchscreen manifold is fantastic. If only it could do wireless like the FP, I'd have one in a minute. In fact I did have one and loved it, but when the FP probes and 380/480 manifold came out they blew YJ out of the water. Between the app and the manifold/probes you get a lot of info at your fingertips. The FP wireless temp clamps are fantastic, real genius idea. Those wired/wireless YJ look like they wouldn't make it on the job very long. The FP probes are the berries for refrigeration work also, so that alone is worth having them around.

19. Likes R600a liked this post.