Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue hose

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I've never seen a repair drop below 300 microns so fast!
    Not my prettiest joints ever but quite functional.
    The oil doesn't look too bad but I can't see moisture so I changed it anyway.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Need to mess with mine. It seems to leak mostly due to How stiff the bastard is, eventually torques on the fittings as itís tension tryís to curl it back up

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shittlebuff View Post
    Need to mess with mine. It seems to leak mostly due to How stiff the bastard is, eventually torques on the fittings as itís tension tryís to curl it back up
    What hose is stiff? These true blue hoses are much more flexible than a traditional hose like appion.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    My 3/4 trublu hose. Stiffer than a damn coffin nail, directly compared to my appion 1/2 hoses. Still using my appion hoses until I get some time to screw with it a little more. It will try and curl back to its original shape torquing on the core tool. Wonít pull down unless I zip tie the bastard so it canít move from a neutral position. Maybe itís just because itís still fairly new

Post Likes
    My 3/4 trublu hose. Stiffer than a damn coffin nail, directly compared to my appion 1/2 hoses. Still using my appion hoses until I get some time to screw with it a little more. It will try and curl back to its original shape torquing on the core tool. Wonít pull down unless I zip tie the bastard so it canít move from a neutral position. Maybe itís just because itís still fairly new
    I can't imagine someone thinking tru blu is stiffer than a 3/8" or larger traditional hose unless you are using it in the winter in which case I don't know what a traditional hose would be like.

Post Likes
    I want to see an appion 3/8" or larger roll up like that first picture.

Post Likes
    I still have not been convinced to move from the Appion black hoses to the TruBlue hoses.

I am doing 75+% residential and the Appion hoses get me down pretty quick.
    I remember the discussion about pulling a vacuum too quickly and therefore I just have not made the move, yet.

Can't remember if someone did a comparison video, probably, between the TruBlu and Appion.

I do very, very much dislike the new Appion core tools I got last year!!!!
    They don't pull down like my rebuilt 5 year old ones do, they might be leakers, the side port schraders leaked after the first use and the new core grabber design is almost useless for me.
    I use the older grabber 75% of the time and the rebuilt tools 50% of the time when I can't pull a vacuum under 1000 microns successfully within what I consider normal time.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

8. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It’s not a thought man, it’s my reality. But ya winter makes it simply unusable. Mine seems significantly shorter. Maybe that’s the variable. But, maybe I got a trabla instead of a trublu

Post Likes
    The rolling up is the problem. It’s getting them straight man. They want to curl and are stiff (resistive) to that change.

11. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The rolling up is the problem. Itís getting them straight man. They want to curl and are stiff (resistive) to that change.
    I haven't had that problem at all.
    I see you are now a pro member. Welcome. I love your avatar.

13. Likes Shittlebuff liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ya thanks. Im typically not a forum guy by I’ve developed a few questions on some jobs that nobody in my inner circle including my HVACR program university head could answer. So here I be, calling on the powers of bumble ducks like myself for answer to questions not even god knew existed. But Ditto I dig the psycho chart. Best way to prove to your non-HVAC buddies you’re smarter than them is to show them an old school enthalpy curve. Haha. I pulled my papa Smurf dong out today just from this conversation and ya it’s Uber short compared to your pythons. I bet that’s my issue. Simple lever physics. Probably just need to find the sweet spot angle to set my pump down and make the curl will work to my benefit.

15. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ya thanks. Im typically not a forum guy by Iíve developed a few questions on some jobs that nobody in my inner circle including my HVACR program university head could answer. So here I be, calling on the powers of bumble ducks like myself for answer to questions not even god knew existed. But Ditto I dig the psycho chart. Best way to prove to your non-HVAC buddies youíre smarter than them is to show them an old school enthalpy curve. Haha. I pulled my papa Smurf dong out today just from this conversation and ya itís Uber short compared to your pythons. I bet thatís my issue. Simple lever physics. Probably just need to find the sweet spot angle to set my pump down and make the curl will work to my benefit.
    Yeah the XL hoses are really nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12