Thread: Should I Be Concern About A 13 SEER A/C Unit Producing 26.90 SEER?

Post Likes

Should I Be Concern About A 13 SEER A/C Unit Producing 26.90 SEER?

Hello

I just installed a 2 1/2 ton 13 SEER Concord Condenser Unit and I make sure that I commission all my new installs by using my Fieldpiece Joblink probes along with my Fieldpiece SC680 Wireless Multi Meter to test my amp draws and to calculate the systems amp draw, power factor, SEER and EER Rating and I got the following readings below:

Power- 1.80
    SEER- 26.90
    EER- 15.66
    Power Factor- 0.90

L1- Amp 8.3
    L2- Amp 8.2
    L1L2- Volts 242.8

I’m concern about the 26.90 SEER since the unit is rated for 13 SEER and I really don’t understand the EER Rating so if someone can explain to me if this is ok or I need to do some more investigating?

Thanks!

Post Likes
    It's all dependent on outside temperature, inside temperature, metering device, and how clean the coils are.
    Seer is an AVERAGE. My truck averages 16mpg with the load it's always carrying and my driving style.
    But I can get 35 Mpg going down hill with the wind.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant mech View Post
    It's all dependent on outside temperature, inside temperature, metering device, and how clean the coils are.
    Seer is an AVERAGE. My truck averages 16mpg with the load it's always carrying and my driving style.
    But I can get 35 Mpg going down hill with the wind.....
    That makes since! Because this home seem very insulated and tight as far as they have good windows around the house. The homeowner has the thermostat set at 73 degrees!!😮 and it maintained that temp for about 10mins or more before it came back on again and the temp outside was 89 degrees!

Post Likes
    Ratings are at ahri conditions only.