Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having weird issue with the new FP probe app update?

Post Likes

Anyone else having weird issue with the new FP probe app update?

When I turn on the probes, all is normal, but when I go into another app and then back to check the probe data, the measurements start flickering on and off. This continues until I close the app and restart it.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    I would personally Uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it resolves it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My temp probes cut in and out. And it has high and pressures swapped.. otherwise no.

DTOM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    I would personally Uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it resolves it

Good idea.

Post Likes
    I have had a lot of problems with it losing connection from most probes constantly and taking several second to reload even when I’m standing right next to it. Only had them a couple weeks

6. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I had some weird issues the other day, but don't recall exactly what they were.

I normally use MQ, but I did not have that device with me and opened FP app. I remember it was useless and went to get the device with MQ installed.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

8. Likes Zamoramax, dieseldude, vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The other issue I have intermittently is the app won't initially calculate the saturation temps, subcooling & superheat temps, until you back out of the app and reload it.
    I think it depends on the order in which I turned on the probes or app first. And yes I selected the refrigerant in order for it to calculate saturation temp.
    Both issues I believe were since the last update.

Now, I did erase and re-download the app. I only tested it once so far. The flickering problem didn't appear, but the saturation calculation issue did until I closed and reopened the app.

Post Likes
    I've had exactly the same issue. Any time I let the screen go off or go far enough to lose connection, when I turn it back on I get all the flashing of readings, and have to restart the app to get it to work correctly. Hopefully FP will have an update to fix it soon.

Post Likes
    I honestly think FP should just drop their app and give MQ the money they spend on the app.

Their programmers don't seem to get the importance of things, OAT for example.

This might be something all mfrs should do. Make a.product compatible with MQ and let them do the app.
    They get it.
    They care.
    They respond to input from users.

My $.02
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

12. Likes vin lashon, R600a, STEVEusaPA liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I had some weird issues the other day, but don't recall exactly what they were.

I normally use MQ, but I did not have that device with me and opened FP app. I remember it was useless and went to get the device with MQ installed.
    I've been having the same issue, but I don't know what "MQ" is?

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    I've been having the same issue, but I don't know what "MQ" is?
    MQ is Measure Quick
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    I'll admit FP has had a lot of problems with the app. BUT, I still like it as it is far less hassle than MQ for simple jobs. I really don't want to go thru entering all the data just to check something simple. Having said that it is proof positive that MQ can hold connection that FP does need to get their act together. It is an enormous cost to design implement and bug test an app. I've been involved in several and it is hard costly work. My opinion is tho if you undertake it you should be willing to see it through or abandon it. FP needs to prioritize it's work. Connection issues should be number one.
    I have spoken to FP about the OAT omission and feel sure it will be included at some point. FP is a good company that is not quite on track with the app but working hard on it. I do think they need to re focus on connection issues that have plagued the app from day one.

Post Likes
    MQ doesn't require a lot of data for simple jobs. You don't even have to start a project. Just choose the right tonnage, refrigerant and metering device and you're good. And you don't have to choose the tonnage. You can choose the refrigerant, metering device, seer rating and cfms from the first page icons of the classic view.

Name:  MQ pg 1.png
Views: 148
Size:  108.5 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    MQ doesn't require a lot of data for simple jobs. You don't even have to start a project. Just choose the right tonnage, refrigerant and metering device and you're good. And you don't have to choose the tonnage. You can choose the refrigerant, metering device, seer rating and cfms from the first page icons of the classic view.

Name:  MQ pg 1.png
Views: 148
Size:  108.5 KB
    X2

You do NOT need to input ANY information you don't input in the FP app that I can think of.

MQ has the capability of entering additional info for a more precise output of info, but I don't think FP app asks for any manual input(other than OAT which MQ can do automatically).

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    I'll admit FP has had a lot of problems with the app. BUT, I still like it as it is far less hassle than MQ for simple jobs.

I really don't want to go thru entering all the data just to check something simple.
    I can't think of any info you have to input in MQ that you don't in FP app. MQ is just more precise IFyou want to be.

Having said that it is proof positive that MQ can hold connection that FP does need to get their act together. It is an enormous cost to design implement and bug test an app. I've been involved in several and it is hard costly work.

My opinion is tho if you undertake it you should be willing to see it through or abandon it.
    I agree!!

FP needs to prioritize it's work. Connection issues should be number one.

I have spoken to FP about the OAT omission and feel sure it will be included at some point.
    I have heard this since day one of the app and also contacted them several times about it. Like with iManifold/iConnect, I gave up on them following through.

FP is a good company that is not quite on track with the app but working hard on it. I do think they need to re focus on connection issues that have plagued the app from day one.

Post Likes
    I don't like MQ. I tired it for a while a couple years ago and it was just blah for me. I do like the people behind it however. I find the fp app sufficient for my needs

Post Likes
    I use MQ some but admit I need to give it a fair chance. I'll try it for a while and get more used to using it. I had bug problems with 2.0 and kinda got away from it.

Post Likes
    Used the FP app again today. Even after erasing and redownloading the app it still flickers the numbers if you leave the app and come back.
    Was checking another unit and the refrigerant won't recalculate saturation temps if you choose a different refrigerant until you close the app and reopen. I.E. If you had it preset for 410a, you can choose R22, and it will show R22 on the app but the saturation numbers are still in line with 410a.

Post Likes
    What ever happened to the Fieldpiece reps that used to visit this site regularly?!?!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Used the FP app again today. Even after erasing and redownloading the app it still flickers the numbers if you leave the app and come back.
    Was checking another unit and the refrigerant won't recalculate saturation temps if you choose a different refrigerant until you close the app and reopen. I.E. If you had it preset for 410a, you can choose R22, and it will show R22 on the app but the saturation numbers are still in line with 410a.
    I gave up on the FP app long ago. It's only on my phone so that I can update FW.

25. Likes pacnw liked this post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast