+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soliciting proposals on HVAC-talk?

Post Likes

Soliciting proposals on HVAC-talk?

I'm a home owner in Maryland (near DC) and I'm planning to replace my residential HVAC system. Over the years I've learned a lot from this site. Now I'd like to find an independent HVAC professional or small business in my region who is knowledgable and good at explaining things. I'm not looking to DIY, but I do want to have a solid understanding of whatever system I decide to have installed and why it's a good choice.

There are lots of smart, independent HVAC pros posting regularly on this site. But in my limited reading, I've not yet found one that provides services in my area. I know I can go to the HTalk Contractor Map, but (as discussed on another older thread in this forum) I can't easily link a given local HVAC contractor on the map back to their username and posting history (and I understand the reasons for that).

I've tried to read all of the rules and guidelines for posting on hvac-talk and I don't think this is covered, but let me ask to be sure:

Can I post a request for bids on this site? I wouldn't ask for prices. I read that rule. I'm not trying to create a bidding war. I'm just looking for one or more board members who work in my part of the country who are happy to DM me and say something like: "I may be able to help you. Here's my company name and username on the board. Feel free to review my posting history and, if you like what you read, give me a call".

Can I do that without breaking any rules? And if so, which forum would be best?

If I've overlooked a document, section, or thread that covers this question in detail, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Thanks.

Post Likes

HVAC DESIGN PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by athomas24 View Post
    I'm a home owner in Maryland (near DC) and I'm planning to replace my residential HVAC system.

Over the years I've learned a lot from this site. Now I'd like to find an independent HVAC professional or small business in my region who is knowledgable and good at explaining things. I'm not looking to DIY, but I do want to have a solid understanding of whatever system I decide to have installed and why it's a good choice.

There are lots of smart, independent HVAC pros posting regularly on this site. But in my limited reading, I've not yet found one that provides services in my area. I know I can go to the HTalk Contractor Map, but (as discussed on another older thread in this forum) I can't easily link a given local HVAC contractor on the map back to their username and posting history (and I understand the reasons for that).

I've tried to read all of the rules and guidelines for posting on hvac-talk and I don't think this is covered, but let me ask to be sure:

Can I post a request for bids on this site? I wouldn't ask for prices. I read that rule. I'm not trying to create a bidding war. I'm just looking for one or more board members who work in my part of the country who are happy to DM me and say something like: "I may be able to help you. Here's my company name and username on the board. Feel free to review my posting history and, if you like what you read, give me a call".

Can I do that without breaking any rules? And if so, which forum would be best?

If I've overlooked a document, section, or thread that covers this question in detail, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Thanks.
    www.mysimplifiedhvac.com
    _ 5 PAGES

START HERE __ FIGURE 3
    ... END HERE __- Gmail : racingdan11

1st step : Construction Details
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

3. Likes R600a liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in