Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P51-870 TITAN Digital Manifold

Post Likes

P51-870 TITAN Digital Manifold

Haven't seen any posts about this beast. On a whim I bought one the other day. Cost seems high but you get more than just a manifold. When I broke it down pricewise the manifold itself wasn't out of line, and in many ways its nicer than some of the other popular models. Comes with a micron gauge/transducer, comes with a couple of pretty nice clamps, 4 hoses, and a backpack. It uses the Cooper type 3.5 mm connectors, and for anyone interested "yes" the Cooper pipe straps work fine with it despite having a mono (two point) connector where the YJ uses a stereo (three point) connector.

I know the history about YJ and Digicool, but with Digicool out of the picture now I decided to let YJ back into my life, lol. And I missed my Titan manifold.

Overall impression is that these are nice, with only one complaint so far. The hook. It's sturdy, that isn't the problem, it's just too damned short. I'll have to find a strong lanyard or magnetic strap to use with it. The clamp plugs also should have had 90's like the iManifold sensors so they'd be less likely to be damaged, since they plug in the back of the gauges and protrude. (Oops that's two complaints.) Can't lay the manifold down on its back without stressing those. I'll be looking for some 90 adapters for it.

Well make it three complaints, the thing is quite heavy. I suppose I'll just have to grow some more muscles! Lol.

I have used it a few times and have even used it to pull a vacuum. Everything worked perfectly. Love the Bluetooth connectivity. Works with both the older Mantooth app and the newer Yjack VIEW app and connecting is super-fast. Sat in my nice cool van while monitoring the vacuum progress. Easily pulled down to 500 microns, quite good for a brand new 4 port manifold. That's one reason I wanted the Titan, I already knew it was tight.

Was surprised to find that a manifold that I randomly purchased was using my own Target SH equation for calculating target SH. Lol. I should've copyrighted it!

If anyone has any pointers or heads up about these please drop a line. I don't like surprises. But so far, I'm really liking them.

edit, as I sat here thinking about a magnetic clamp my eyes ran across an old magnetic base in my garage that I kept. It was once part of a Supco umbrella that got destroyed on a windy day. My search is over. I'll just hang my gauges from that thing. Should be plenty strong.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 07-03-2022 at 02:50 PM.

2. Likes baby b, IceWhiteice liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I am glad to hear someone like it. Let us know it it still works in a year.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    I am glad to hear someone like it. Let us know it it still works in a year.
    Yeah, that'll be a more practical review! Lol!

Post Likes
    medic did it come with the pipe straps or pipe clamps?

Post Likes
    I've sent back a YJ digital manifold twice for a customer. Don't know if it was this particular model. First time was because of condensation inside of the readout and second time was for something else, I don't recall. He said he's having issues with it again. Take this with a grain of salt. I've sent back all sorts of tools, from different manufacturers, for repairs, for this guy.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    medic did it come with the pipe straps or pipe clamps?
    It came with clamps. Little fellas but man are they stout. Definitely not gonna move once you get them on there. I prefer the Cooper straps though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I've sent back a YJ digital manifold twice for a customer. Don't know if it was this particular model. First time was because of condensation inside of the readout and second time was for something else, I don't recall. He said he's having issues with it again. Take this with a grain of salt. I've sent back all sorts of tools, from different manufacturers, for repairs, for this guy.
    Hoping it was just that guy, lol.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    Hoping it was just that guy, lol.
    I'm guessing it was. When a tech brings an electronic tool in for warranty, the first thing I do is throw new batteries in it. He brought in a JB vacuum gauge last week that was less than a year old. I pulled off the back and one of the batteries had exploded. He never checked it. New batteries didn't fix the issue and now it's awaiting JB for their diagnosis.

10. Likes baby b liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm guessing it was. When a tech brings an electronic tool in for warranty, the first thing I do is throw new batteries in it. He brought in a JB vacuum gauge last week that was less than a year old. I pulled off the back and one of the batteries had exploded. He never checked it. New batteries didn't fix the issue and now it's awaiting JB for their diagnosis.
    Now that you mention batteries, this one is USB rechargeable. Some people may not like that, but I saw it as a plus for that reason. And I don't like changing batteries in the middle of a job.

12. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Batteries were the biggest complaint of iManifold

Post Likes
    Batteries were the biggest complaint of iManifold
    The reason I never considered the iManifold was the lack of a screen.

Post Likes
    I'm hooked on MQ and FP probes. Still have my DigiCools, but haven't pulled them out in over a year.

16. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I'm hooked on MQ and FP probes. Still have my DigiCools, but haven't pulled them out in over a year.
    I was sad when my DigiCools passed away. A gave them a nice burial and said a few words over them.

18. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    This is the one I've been curious about.
    If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    This is the one I've been curious about.
    I would have rather had those than the clamps. I have several Cooper straps though.

Post Likes
    Just ordered these and some 6' extension cables for it. Best part of these dangly adaptors is that if I snag the lead with my foot or something it'll just come unplugged without damaging anything.

Irked that some people got extension cables with theirs!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post

Haven't seen any posts about this beast. On a whim I bought one the other day. Cost seems high but you get more than just a manifold. When I broke it down pricewise the manifold itself wasn't out of line, and in many ways its nicer than some of the other popular models. Comes with a micron gauge/transducer, comes with a couple of pretty nice clamps, 4 hoses, and a backpack. It uses the Cooper type 3.5 mm connectors, and for anyone interested "yes" the Cooper pipe straps work fine with it despite having a mono (two point) connector where the YJ uses a stereo (three point) connector.

I know the history about YJ and Digicool, but with Digicool out of the picture now I decided to let YJ back into my life, lol. And I missed my Titan manifold.

Overall impression is that these are nice, with only one complaint so far. The hook. It's sturdy, that isn't the problem, it's just too damned short. I'll have to find a strong lanyard or magnetic strap to use with it. The clamp plugs also should have had 90's like the iManifold sensors so they'd be less likely to be damaged, since they plug in the back of the gauges and protrude. (Oops that's two complaints.) Can't lay the manifold down on its back without stressing those. I'll be looking for some 90 adapters for it.

Well make it three complaints, the thing is quite heavy. I suppose I'll just have to grow some more muscles! Lol.

I have used it a few times and have even used it to pull a vacuum. Everything worked perfectly. Love the Bluetooth connectivity. Works with both the older Mantooth app and the newer Yjack VIEW app and connecting is super-fast. Sat in my nice cool van while monitoring the vacuum progress. Easily pulled down to 500 microns, quite good for a brand new 4 port manifold. That's one reason I wanted the Titan, I already knew it was tight.

Was surprised to find that a manifold that I randomly purchased was using my own Target SH equation for calculating target SH. Lol. I should've copyrighted it!

If anyone has any pointers or heads up about these please drop a line. I don't like surprises. But so far, I'm really liking them.

edit, as I sat here thinking about a magnetic clamp my eyes ran across an old magnetic base in my garage that I kept. It was once part of a Supco umbrella that got destroyed on a windy day. My search is over. I'll just hang my gauges from that thing. Should be plenty strong.
    I have had that manifold for 2 years now. In my opinion is the best wireless manifold out there. Only problem I have had is one time it was banging around in the back of my van and fell and touchscreen stopped responding. But I found out you can re calibrate the screen. The transducer are very accurate ,rarely have to zero them out. But I still think the Ak900 has the best transducers out there. These 2 manifolds ride with me everyday. I have the AK900 using the Copper Atkins clamps. As far as the strap temp probe that Yellow Jacket has, the issue that I have with it is that temp readings are affected by how tight the strap around the pipe is.

23. Likes hvacrmedic, baby b, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I had one for a while and really loved it. It has great interface. BUT, when FP came out with the 380/480 with wireless capability and a fantastic app, they blew it out of the water. FP has better wireless temp clamps, better psychrometer, better range etc.
    I do love the YJ screen and vacuum gauge (not in manifold) but wired temp probes stuck.

25. Likes hvacrmedic, pacnw liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I've had the Titan 860 (black and white not touchscreen) for over a year. So far so good. Has even seen use on several neighbor's farm tractor cab a/c units so it's been in some rough nasty places. Interface is clunky, but it functions/connects same as the fancy color one minus the built in vacuum probe. If it shits the bed I'll update.

27. Likes hvacrmedic liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Update
    Attached Images Attached Images  

29. Likes jaciii liked this post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast