Thread: Hi top work boots

Post Likes

Hi top work boots

Old age has done set in. I missed the last step on stairs in a house. I rolled my ankle and fell. I missed the last rung on a ladder about a month ago. I think I need high top boots to support my ankle. I need slip resistant soles. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by leslie cook View Post
    Old age has done set in. I missed the last step on stairs in a house. I rolled my ankle and fell. I missed the last rung on a ladder about a month ago. I think I need high top boots to support my ankle. I need slip resistant soles. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Like slip on boots like Wellington style? Or laced up.

Either way try rocky boots. They make lace up boots for the army. Look pretty nice actually.

I have the pull on Wellington from them. They are comfortable.

They make great boots and much cheaper than red wing

Post Likes
    I prefer lace up

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by leslie cook View Post
    I prefer lace up

I know they have some like that.
    Been wearing rocky brand since I was about 9. First hunting boots were their corn stalker line. They still sell that line.

Post Likes
    I been bouncing back and forth between Ariat and Justin lace ups over the last few years with little complaints. I usually run with the safety toes and electrical hazard rating stuff which is required at my outfit but if you don't need that their regular leather boots feel like sneakers once broke in.

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I have been wearing Muck Chore boots since I started in the trade and I feel like they are the best for my back, knees and stability on my feet.
    When I first came to work I only had sandals so thats what I wore and after lunch my boss took me to the local farm store to get boots and I found muck boots and have wore nothing else since.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    I've had Rocky boots for 10 years , and I put them through hell

The ones I get are super light weight , its crazy how light they are , yet they last a really long time
    Tell your Cat I said "Psst Psst Psst"

Post Likes
    Well as far as boots go I liked carolina uninsulated loggers.

But I now where keens because they are so much more comfortable. Sometimes a comfortable well fit boot is the best thing to keep you from mistepping.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

9. Likes pacnw liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I like the made in USA lines from Thorogood and Chippewa. I rotate between steel toe Mocs and loggers.

Post Likes
    Not being sarcastic, how’s your vision.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    For any work boots, whether high top or not....
    Buy the ones with a vibram sole. Typically they are a better built boot. And the soles make it almost impossible to slip on any surface.
    Well worth the extra money

Post Likes
    OK old man....here's your solution....... Ha!!

At least it was my solution.......

Go out and buy yourself any good brand of 6" tactical zipper boots.

Easy on, easy off, good support, good grip.

No bending over and screwing around with laces.......good ankle support, and most brands have good arch support and tractor treads....

If you need to, add some good quality inserts for more comfort...........it's important to take care of those wheels......

Post Likes
    I wear Ariat Cascades. They are 8" lace ups and have a square toe. They wear better than the Justins I used to wear. I even wear them when not at work. In February of 2020 I was on a solo hunting trip in the desert when I stepped on a loose rock on an old abandon two tract and my right foot slid to the side and down I went.
    I was wearing a pair of Under Armour 6" canvass hikers and broke both bones in the ankle. When I looked over at it the bottom of my foot was facing 90 degrees to the side. I was able to bend it hack straight so I could somewhat walk on it and after an hour managed to go about 100 yards but camp was still almost half a mile away. Fortunately I had cell service and was able to call my son and it took him a few hours to get to me. He brought crutches which helped but I had to listed to a lecture for a few hours while he drove me to the hospital. A five days later I had surgery complete with a plate and half a dozen screws and I was out for eight weeks working mostly from home. So now I wear laceups most all the time for the support.
    I went back to the same area again the spring, also solo, and shot a nice Javelina. I have an Elk tag for late November but I be 70 so I hired this young guy about 30 who is a guide to make life a little easier.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

16. Likes Juan Madera liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant mech View Post
    For any work boots, whether high top or not....
    Buy the ones with a vibram sole. Typically they are a better built boot. And the soles make it almost impossible to slip on any surface.
    Well worth the extra money
    Never heard of it. Will have to look into it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhoule View Post
    It's best to go to the doctor and he will make special shoes for you and you won't have any problems (I did).
    Know a landscaper that had planter fasciitis. Went to the good feet store. Said he paid a k for inserts but they were life changing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Not being sarcastic, how’s your vision.
    My vision is good. I do plan on getting my eyes checked soon.

Post Likes
    If you can get away with it, try some good quality high top basketball shoes. They would support your ankle pretty good. Better than boots I would think.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Know a landscaper that had planter fasciitis. Went to the good feet store. Said he paid a k for inserts but they were life changing.

Yes good feet store is very expensive. Mixed reviews online -- hate it or love it type product but if it works it works!

Post Likes
    Wesco Jobmaster lace-ups are probably the best for support and hard work

Vibram and other soles offered including fire and oil resistant, etc. Last time I ordered from Wesco, I ordered a 7 oz outer, and a 7 oz liner. Those were pull-on engineer boots so did not have that much direct ankle support, but the same construction is/was available in any work style including lace up. Despite the heavy construction they were very comfortable because they were made to my custom fit measurements.

With custom fit, they make a right and left last, which is for you individually. You can have more boots made on your lasts when you want.

Also also specify the height, width, safety toe type, color, and whatever other options you want.
    Not cheap but neither are feet and legs. I have two pairs of Wescos and never regretted the expense. There is no skimping on material or quality. Both pairs I have are about 15 years old and still in great shape. Hand made on US-made machines, Made in Scapoose, OR. If you want stock then just order, but I suggest calling them on the phone and finding out if custom fit and construction better meets your needs.

Post Likes
    These have great ankle support. Line men climb poles which is hard on ankles.....

https://www.midwestboots.com/product...8b21016cad3f68
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein